problem with SA Flash playing video through Win Media Player and PPC 2003

Post by phillip m. torron » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:10:46

> I am using the Stand Alone flash player to make a projector and
> within that projector link to a couple of WMV files to be played in
> Windows Media Player, as the performance isn't optimal in the flash
> projector and also flash has no scrub bar for the video.
> The problem is that when I link to the video, using a relative - get
> url call (as suggested in the developers kit),  it will first open
> window's explorer with the flash page inside the browser!  You then
> have to click on the button on this new window for the video - again
> (!) and then the video will play from windows media player.  This is
> unacceptabe, but I can't figure out what else to do. Hopefully
> someone can shed some light.  Otherwise we just wasted 500.00!!!

flash mx can play video (that's why it's cool) and you can make your own
scrub bar or whatever other ui element needed. i would convert the video to
mx video and make on user interface if your project allows it.

Quote:> One last thing, I don't think this should effect this issue but we
> are using windows for pocket PC 2003 --  I haven't been able to find
> out if there are any issues with the new 2003 version of Pocket PC or
> not.

standalone- there aren't any issues i know of.

cheers,
pt

problem with SA Flash playing video through Win Media Player and PPC 2003

Post by Rousseau Brun » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:05:35

Hello Philippe, Hello Bill,

You guys are the experts, so I have a question for you.
I have an .SWF interface that calls up (Load movie) a video file that is 9
MO in size . On the PC, no problem, but on the PocketPC, AXIM 400MHz, the
movie wouldn't get loaded.
Any idea on what I should do ? The SDK reckons that you should play the
movies from WMP, which, in this case, for me is unacceptable.

Thank you

problem with SA Flash playing video through Win Media Player and PPC 2003

Post by Rousseau Brun » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 03:16:30

No, this is the same thread.

Thank you Bill

Quote:> Hi Rousseau,

> I believe I already answered this same question in an email I sent to you

last week.  Please let me know here in this thread if you have any
additional questions.
Quote: