Flash Lite - Expected domestic player?

Post by DomLe » Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:24:50

Does anyone have any idea of when flash lite will be deployed in the US and any ideas about its capabilities esp. with regard to storing info. on the phone or loading info. via a web connection?

Many Thanks
Dom Lee
www.domlee.com

Flash Lite - Expected domestic player?

Post by John Dowdel » Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:44:38

If it's just Macromedia software then I still have a hard time
predicting it in advance of what's publicly committed to by publishing
on the website... when you combine it with device manufacturers building
support and service providers handling any necessary additions then it's
real hard to predict dates. When they all say "yup, this is when we'll
have this service here" and commit to in their websites, that's when I
know a date is solid.

jd

--
John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco CA
Soapbox column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/

1. Flash Lite 2.0 Content in Flash Player not loading PNGs

Hi,
 I have a Flash Lite 2.0 Application, that I'm running on a Phone. I'm loading
local PNG files, which works on the phone and in the emulator. The problem is
as soon as I run the SWF from Flash Player on my PC it's not working. It seems
like it's not able to load those PNGs, because it's acting like Flash Player 7
(because Flash Lite 2.0 is basically Flash 7), even though I have Flash Player
9 installed.

 Anybody has any hints?
 thanks,

2. Multiple Master how to convert in Fontographer

3. Flash lite player stuck in infinite loop

4. Drop-Down Menu Image "Go" Botton

5. Purchase of Flash Lite Player

6. Flash MX, single button plays multi movie clips, how?

7. a question about Flash lite player

8. Flash Lite 2.1 player to Nokia S40

9. Flash Lite Player Version

10. Is Flash Lite Player 1.1 Still Available?

11. how to get flash lite player

12. Get Flash Lite Player for university research project