Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by Ashgea » Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:09:18

Hi,

I have a flash-slides show that works fine on both pocket PC 2002 and 2003, but on the PPC 2003 the flash application is much smaller than on the PPC 2002, although I've checked and searched everything about differences in the IE on both system... I think it is due to tyhe 'fit to screen' that makes the app. smaller on the PPC 2003...

Anyone can provide me with some help..

Greetz,
Ashgean

email : jo_bosmanbe.ibm.com

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by slamdunkinpoo » Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:28:32

There are several threads on this forum regarding movie shrinkage in ppc 2003.

I hope recently hired by Macromedia ex Microsoft Exec. will help solve this issue as this concerns Microsoft's PIE and Macromedia's FP.

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by FPS » Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:15:40

We have an eVB wrapper that works fine under ppc2002 but shrinks in ppc2003. It goes to normal size when you uncheck "fit to screen" but then a border appears. So we had to make a custom wrapper separate for each operating system. I hate how Microsoft keep changing everything!

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by slamdunkinpoo » Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:08:20

Wrapper written with eVC3.0 should work fine on both PPC 2002 and 2003.
Other PPC 2003 annoyances :-
The slow soft-reboot of PPC 2003 is annoying. Also shell executing(running) another process from an existing application is sluggish on PPC 2003 compared to PPC 2002. I wonder if CE.Net is the reason for it.

Wish someone could un-.Net the ppc 2003 and make it boot faster.

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by Rissa » Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:42:39

Folks;

I THINK I have an idea what's going on...

There's a clue in a mention somewhere on this forum... someone said something about a "black line" around their movie. I've noticed that when I load my HTML page, the movie does not have the focus: a movie clip that's supposed respond to the up/down scroll button won't work until I've tapped on the movie somewhere. As soon as I tap, that black line appears and the movie shrinks.

The only way I can get the movie to stay full size (in my case 240x260), is if I uncheck "Fit to Screen", refresh, TAP ON THE MOVIE, and then check "Fit to Screen" again.

So my admittedly hare-brained conclusion is that I could get around the shrinking problem by setting the focus to the movie.

Unfortunately, the bit of javascript I know doesn't seem to work here.

I'm doing this in the document HEAD:

<script language="javascript">
function setFocus () {
window.document.myFlash.focus();

Quote:}

</script>

the BODY tag looks like this:

and, of course, the OBJECT tag includes:

id="myFlash"

problem is, this works fine on my desktop, but not in PIE... although other javascript commands seem to work (such as document.write or window.close)

SO, if someone can help me solve my focus problem, then we MAY have solved the shrinkage problem as well.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Rissa

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by slamdunkinpoo » Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:46:00

Another annoyance when black border appears around movie and you press right scroll (pda jog) button several times, the whole movie will shift to the left and making the screen blank.

Don't know about the javascript setfocus solution, have you tried similar code in jscript?

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by doink » Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:31:09

I'm having similar problems with getting my flash files to go full screen

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by FPS » Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:07:39

About the border and shrinking issue.. We have made a C++ launcher and it had this shrinking problem. There is a special function for the HTML control in eVC that disables shrinking. We disabled it and got this white border one pixel thick on the top and left sides. So we just moved it 1 pixel up and 1 pixel left and now it works full-screen with no borders or shrinking :)

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by slamdunkinpoo » Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:26:07

This is exactly what I been using since last year. But a lot of people wouldn't like to install eVC and write a eVC wrapper.

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by Ivan Peter » Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:17:21

Quote:> Unfortunately, the bit of javascript I know doesn't seem to work here.

> I'm doing this in the document HEAD:

> <script language="javascript">
> function setFocus () {
> window.document.myFlash.focus();
> }
> </script>

> the BODY tag looks like this:

onload="javascript:setFocus();">

Your onload parameter should be:

onLoad="setFocus();"

i.e. Take the "javascript:" out. That is only required for URL's.

Ivan

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by mwspear » Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:21:32

If you're using the htmlctrl, there are a couple of  new window styles defined in htmlctrl.h in PocketPC 2003 SDK:   HS_NOFOCUSRECT disables the display of the border and HS_NOSCROLL disables scrolling  of the window so if you disable shrinking you will not get the horizontal  scrollbar.

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by doink » Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:03:16

what is SDK stand for?

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by mwspear » Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:18:49

SDK is Software Development Kit - the window styles of HS_NOFOCUSRECT and HS_NOSCROLL can only be used if you are developing a wrapper application in C++ or VB, not in PIE.

Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

Post by slamdunkinpoo » Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:24:52

mwspears:

You must be using eVC 4.0, I have eVC 3.0 and it doesn't have HS_NOFOCUSRECT and HS_NOSCROLL in htmlctrl.h file. Can you zip and attach your htmlctrl.h file here otherwise I will have to download and install several MB's of files to upgrade to eVC 4.0

You sure made a good discovery.

1. Axim PPC 2003, higher resolution

Sorry to go off the topic, but where can i get the (MS htmlHost eg) method
of  making fullscreen flash application using PIE embedded in eVC 3.0.
Thanks

using Ian Chia's(MS htmlHost eg) method of    making fullscreen flash
application using PIE embedded in eVC 3.0.
eVC4.0 will solve the problem.

2. simple flow problem with if statements. my brains not working today

3. Flash Player 6 / Ipaq / PPC 2003

4. Custom Upload Path / URL FCK Cftexarea

5. PPC 2003 Memory leak

6. Tutorial !

7. .data missing fom site window

8. PPC 2003 and Director MX

9. problem with SA Flash playing video through Win Media Player and PPC 2003

10. Flash Player 7 for PPC 2003

11. POSTed variables - MX, ppc 2003, t-mobile/sierra wireless