PPC 2003 Memory leak

Post by mwspear » Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:18:39

I am trying to implement my own container as suggested by netwasp using the MediaBookmarker sample code but have been unsuccessful loading a movie.  I have only implemented the same interfaces as the sample.  Everything returns successfully, but when I call the control's LoadMovie, I receive one READYSTATE changed event, but nothing happens.

Does anyone know if I have to implement IBrowser also or should I be able to host the Flash control without the browser.

PPC 2003 Memory leak

Post by mwspear » Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:01:13

Never mind - pilot error.  The container works fine and I don't need IBrowser.

PPC 2003 Memory leak

Post by FroSTeD6 » Sun, 08 Feb 2004 05:11:13

I am not sure to get how you got it to work. Can you explain me with more details the mediabookmarker sample? How do you adapt it to play a flash movie? I'm not sure to get how to solve this refresh/memory leak problem.

Thank you!

PPC 2003 Memory leak

Post by mwspear » Sun, 08 Feb 2004 06:24:40

I assume you have the MediaBookmarker eVC example.  To change it for Flash, you need to get the type library definitions from the dll by using the import compiler directive:

#import "flash.dll "   raw_interfaces_only  raw_native_types  named_guids

I copied the flash.dll from a device but I think you can use the desktop version.  This creates a file flash.tlh that gets included in your code.  It has all the interface names,etc, similar to the playerocx.h file in the sample code.  I think if you look at this file you will be able to make the rest of the necessary changes.

Alternatively, you can wait for the updated Flash Player mentioned earlier in this thread.

1. PPC 2003 Memory leak

I have a flash 5 movie embedded in a some html pages which are stored locally on a PPC2003 Ipaq 4100 series.

Repeated viewing of the page containg the movie causes a large memory leak (> 2mb a time).

After approximately 10 repeated viewing of the page, there is no more memory until Pocket Internet Explorer is removed from memory (either ctrl+q or use the memory management settings, or do a soft reset).

The flash player is version 6.

Any other experience of this?

Cheers

Dan Lambert

2. jdbc/websphere/db2 connection prob

3. major memory leak on CF MX 6.1 and win 2003 server

4. Nokia E61 detect blue key

5. memory leak and other memory problems

6. I can't import midi file into flash.please help m

7. memory problem/memory leak

8. OT: re spam / server email - George out there?

9. Axim PPC 2003, higher resolution

10. Flash Player 6 / Ipaq / PPC 2003

11. Fit to screen problems on PPC 2003

12. PPC 2003 and Director MX