Camera compatibility

Post by Kevin » Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:20:01

I was wondering if anyone has had experience using pocketpc cameras with flash movies on a pocketpc, and if so which camera models are known to work (if any?)

Kevin Quick

Camera compatibility

Post by Igor Cost » Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:05:59

all cameras are compatibly with flash movies, the process its camera.get();
and get every thing

Camera compatibility

Post by Kevin » Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:56:23

Hello Igor

Thanks for the reply

I have in fact used Flash and the Flash communications server for several years now, and have created video conferencing applications etc. so I am aware re. using a camera with Flash.

The question is specifically regarding Flash on a PocketPC and the cameras which are used with them. Before spending a lot of money on a camera for a PocketPC I wanted reassurance, and preferably recommendation of a model which definitely worked on a pocket pc. Even for flash on an 'ordinary' computer it does not necessarily work with every camera - Macromedia have published a camera compatibility chart on their web site (although this is quite old now).

So is there anybody who has used a camera with flash on pocketpc etc?

Kevin

Camera compatibility

Post by Chris Peterson [MACR » Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:32:10

The Flash Player 6 for PocketPC does NOT support video camera recording!

 The Flash Player can playback video streamed from a FlashCom server, but it
cannot record video. Some PocketPC products support video recording, but they
use proprietary camera device drivers. Microsoft does not support the
DirectShow video libraries on PocketPC, which would have allowed the Flash
Player to work with any PocketPC camera

1. Camera Compatibility

Hi. I have a Panasonic DS38A Video Camera (An Australian Model). I have found Device Control with it to be instantly compatible with Windows movie maker, but it doesn't seem to run in some other programs.

I am looking to buy Adobe Premiere, either version 6, 6.5. or possibly 7 once released.

Can anyone tell me if my camera is supported by these vesions, and if I buy the program (Possibly 2nd hand) and device control for my camera is not supported by my version of Premiere, is there anything that can be done about that?

2. Help with Sizing

3. Hit detection

4. Sony camera compatibility

5. help about IIS

6. Way OT...camera compatibility to O.S.?

7. Site Test & Feedback.

8. Compatibility with new Sony camera

9. no camera manipulation after assigning camera to sprite

10. Camera Raw With Panasonic FZ20 Camera

11. Camera Raw camera profiles does not see D70

12. Video camera and Digital Camera Premiere Utilization