Wireless Link to PDA

Post by Sanja » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:46:31

Hi,

Is it possible for a wireless (WiFi/Bluetooth) iPAQ to open a file that
resides on a Laptop - just like when you open explorer on a PC/Laptop?

Thanks,

Sanj

Wireless Link to PDA

Post by Steve Howar » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:14:46

Quote:> Is it possible for a wireless (WiFi/Bluetooth) iPAQ to open a file that
> resides on a Laptop - just like when you open explorer on a PC/Laptop?

You mean can you browse the network? Assuming the laptop and the PDA are
connected to the same network (with appropriate permissions), or via an
ad-hoc wireless connection then sure. I can browse my home network with my
pda.

Steve

--
http://www.eurotaac.com
Edinburgh, 25  to 27 March 2004.

Team Macromedia Volunteer - Authorware
My  blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/

Wireless Link to PDA

Post by Sanja » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:48:30

Thanks Steve for responding,

Yes, I have a wireless network and would like to browse my laptop to open a
simple Excel file - is this easy to set up? any pointers?

Thanks,

Sanj

Quote:> > Is it possible for a wireless (WiFi/Bluetooth) iPAQ to open a file that
> > resides on a Laptop - just like when you open explorer on a PC/Laptop?

> You mean can you browse the network? Assuming the laptop and the PDA are
> connected to the same network (with appropriate permissions), or via an
> ad-hoc wireless connection then sure. I can browse my home network with my
> pda.

> Steve

> --
> http://www.eurotaac.com
> Edinburgh, 25  to 27 March 2004.
> You know you want to ;-)

> Team Macromedia Volunteer - Authorware
> My  blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/

Wireless Link to PDA

Post by slamdunkinpoo » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 13:48:17

Post it in microsoft's pocket pc forum there you will get a better response.

If you intend to write a program then you will have to use RAPI's to call function's etc on desktop from PPC.

Wireless Link to PDA

Post by Steve Howar » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:00:38

Quote:> Thanks Steve for responding,

> Yes, I have a wireless network and would like to browse my laptop to open
> simple Excel file - is this easy to set up? any pointers?

- Open file explorer.
- There is a button at the bottom of the screen, towards the center that
looks like a hand holding a cylinder. Press it.
- You are prompted to enter a path. It is up to you to know what would be a
working path to shared folders/files on your network.
- If you are prompted for username and password, it is up to you to know
what they should be, or to set the appropriate network permissions to enable
access.

Steve

Wireless Link to PDA

Post by Sanja » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:04:50

Thanks, look forward to using the help!

Sanjay

Quote:

> > Thanks Steve for responding,

> > Yes, I have a wireless network and would like to browse my laptop to
open
> > simple Excel file - is this easy to set up? any pointers?

> - Open file explorer.
> - There is a button at the bottom of the screen, towards the center that
> looks like a hand holding a cylinder. Press it.
> - You are prompted to enter a path. It is up to you to know what would be
> working path to shared folders/files on your network.
> - If you are prompted for username and password, it is up to you to know
> what they should be, or to set the appropriate network permissions to
enable
> access.

> Steve

1. Modify CFML App for Wireless PDA?

I am looking for any information to modify an existing CFML application to work with a wireless handheld computer.
The basic user device will be the Dell Axim X3 handheld.
I have just started to investigate this as an option and I am not sure what needs to be modified to make this work.
Any information is appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

2. Here is a new one for you...

3. OEM Wireless Microphone - Chinese Wireless Microphone Manufacturer

4. How do you make a nice "front page"?

5. Wireless Microphone - China Wireless Microphone Manufacturer

6. Urgent!! 3rd Post - Horizontal scroll bar bug

7. Disabling RDS

8. OEM Wireless Microphone - Chinese Wireless Microphone Manufacturer

9. OEM Wireless Mics - Chinese Wireless Mics Manufacturer