Problem with Paren Highlighting

Post by Bernd Schand » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I use XEmacs 20.0 and the Paren Highlighting option Expression. When
I write a*document and use the closing bracket, I often get the
following error message
(1) (error/warning) Error in `post-command-hook' (setting hook to nil):
(wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p nil)
I have not yet found a regular pattern when it happens, but the last
time
it was after the following expression:
        $\max\{\scalar{x,c}:c\in C\}$

Can I avoid that somehow?
        Bernd

--
----------------------------
Bernd Schandl

1. Again: Problem with Paren Highlighting

I am not sure if my posting ever reached the newsgroup,
because I never saw it. Sorry if I just missed it
(including any answers).

I use XEmacs 20.0 and the Paren Highlighting option Expression. When
I write a LaTeX document and use the closing bracket, I often get the
following error message
  (1) (error/warning) Error in `post-command-hook' (setting hook to
nil):
  (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p nil)
I have not yet found a regular pattern when it happens, but the last
time it was after the following expression:
        $\max\{\scalar{x,c}:c\in C\}$

Can I avoid that somehow?
        Bernd
--
----------------------------
Bernd Schandl
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634-1907
USA

2. Looking for LI-ION Battery Pack

3. "Paren Highlighting" menu problem

4. Random Integrer

5. paren-mode highlighting both matching parenthesis?

6. Wanted: PowerBuilder Programmers

7. Paren highlight question

8. ?? Dblspaced drive back to uncomp. drive , how ??

9. Changing the face (color) of 'Paren Highlighting'

10. Paren Highlighting

11. Can't select Paren Highlighting option

12. Paren highlighting

13. Help needed: Can't get blinking paren-highlighting