Strange spell check behaviour

Post by aras » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:51:08

I have a strange spell check behaviour. In the following after the
tabbing environment, the following paragraph is not spell checked.
However, if I remove the tabbin envirionment, then the following
paragraph is spell checked. Or if I move the paragraph is moved before
tabbing, then it is spell checked. What is wrong in the tabbing or spell
check behaviour? Can any one explain. Thanks.

-arasu

%*****************************************************************************

\begin{tabbing}
where \=$\mu$ \== friction coefficient\\
    \>$\sigma_{n}$\>= normal pressure across the interface (kPa) \\
    \>$S_{r}$\>= relative rubbing speed between the surfaces (mm/s), and \\
    \>$G_{\alpha}$\>= included angle of the grooving(degrees), with
    G$_{\alpha}$ = 180\textdegree~for flat surfaces.
\end{tabbing}

In a typical milling situation, the juice flow under high pressure in
the groove tip region may serve to lubricate the contact interface,
thus reducing the friction coefficient. The coefficient of friction
$\mu=0.5$ served as a reasonable value for all practical two-roll
simulatins.

%******************************************************************************

1. spell check- strange

Dear experts,

In emacs to one of my files, the spell check is not checking beyond a
certain point. I don't know whether I pressed a wrong key during
my previous editing. Even renaming the file is of no help.
This is happening to only a particular file, but not to other files.

I think some thing wrong, and I damn sure it should work. Can I expect
some advice from the experts. Thanks.

-arasu

2. NFS/NIS and IRIX 6.2

3. How can I check spelling in Russian documents(using ispell)?

4. : shut down problems with win2k after applying a critical update.

5. Spell checking and LaTeX

6. Put Options - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. spell check on the fly

8. Offline Viewing of a Web Page

9. Xemacs for Windows - Spell check installation

10. Spell check while writting code...

11. Spell Checking with XEmacs under WinNT

12. spell check in xemacs

13. Spell check ?????