Is anyone working on a Lex/Yacc mode for Emacs?

Is anyone working on a Lex/Yacc mode for Emacs?

Post by h.. » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

Dear XEmacs users,
        Does such a mode exist? Will it be in XEmacs 19.14?
Thanks in advance. :-)

Jeffrey S. Hall                                 Bach had to remember
Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC)        "No girls in the organ loft!"
New London, CT 06320

Post by Ben Wi » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

|Dear XEmacs users,
|       Does such a mode exist? Will it be in XEmacs 19.14?
|Thanks in advance. :-)

Never heard of such a mode, so it's not in 19.14 :)

If someone writes a Lex or Yacc mode, we will gladly include it
into XEmacs.  I think they're both really cool tools, and I've
often used Lex myself (check out lib-src/make-msgfile.lex in the
XEmacs source ...).

ben
--
"... then the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was
more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -- Anais Nin

Post by Barry A. Wars » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

    BW> If someone writes a Lex or Yacc mode, we will gladly include
    BW> it into XEmacs.

And if anybody is really thinking about doing this, it would be cool
if these modes were integrated with cc-mode.

-Barry

Post by Georg Nikod » Fri, 17 May 1996 04:00:00

 BW> If someone writes a Lex or Yacc mode, we will gladly include it
 BW> into XEmacs.

 BAW> And if anybody is really thinking about doing this, it would be
 BAW> cool if these modes were integrated with cc-mode.

And it would be coolEST if there was a cookbook describing how one
does this...  (sorry, Barry, couldn't resist ;-)

Post by Dave Si » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

--

Lockheed Martin Energy Systems, Oak Ridge National Lab, Workstation Support

Post by Barry A. Wars » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

    GN> And it would be coolEST if there was a cookbook describing how
    GN> one does this...  (sorry, Barry, couldn't resist ;-)

That's okay.  I wish there was one, but its MAGIC.

Seriously, the template is usually the same, make sure you have a
-mode-map, -syntax-table, -mode-abbrev-table, and -mode.  You can copy
any of the other existing ones for that.  It's hard to predict what
changes to c-guess-basic-syntax are going to be necessary.

Every new language that gets integrated seems to go more smoothly,
though.