why doesn't Emacs cover the full screen?

why doesn't Emacs cover the full screen?

Post by Torsten Müll » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:09:16

This comes because the Emacs window is sized up to entire lines and
columns.

Torsten

1. Why won't my emacs v18.57 resolv any but full pathname files?

( We are using Emacs v 18.57 on an IBM Risc System 6000 running AIX 3.1.x
  and AIX 3.2).

For us, emacs will not locate files in the current directory without
providing a full pathname.  We have to use this alias:

        alias emacs 'emacs `pwd`/\!*'

Unfortunately, this alias will not work with our automounted filesystems.

Have I done something wrong in compiling or setting up emacs?  Have others
had a similar problem that they were able to figure out?

Any suggestions or insight would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ntl Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO 80303.

2. live chat re: Palm OS

3. Why doesn't emacs work with cscope?

4. UNIX WP 5.0 + HP LJ III problem

5. Why doesn't .emacs work at startup?

6. Why are my new VM screens screwed up by icons' column?

7. Why doesn't what-cursor-position include line number?

8. Why Xemacs doesn't start on my PC/NT?

9. xemacs-21.1.2 Sparcworks doesn't work, any suggestions why?

10. Why doesn't dired-mode only work on installed machine ?!

11. Why C-g beeps when region is active when M-x keyboard-quit doesn't?