'Playing' a sequence of keys as input to emacs

'Playing' a sequence of keys as input to emacs

Post by Rasmus Villemoe » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:40:52

Hi there

Assume I have something like this written in my buffer

C-x ( Bla SPC C-x ) C-1 C-0 C-0 C-x e

Is it possible to make emacs interpret this line as a sequence of
keyboard events; for instance by marking it and then using M-x
something? In case this is possible, where can I find a list of the
"accepted" syntax; I suppose it would be something like the above (a
space-seperated list of keys, with special keys such as SPC and RET
referred to by short names).

Thanks in advance

Rasmus

--

Post by Bjoern Milck » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:05:17

> Hi there

> Assume I have something like this written in my buffer

> C-x ( Bla SPC C-x ) C-1 C-0 C-0 C-x e

> Is it possible to make emacs interpret this line as a sequence of
> keyboard events; for instance by marking it and then using M-x
> something? In case this is possible, where can I find a list of
> the "accepted" syntax; I suppose it would be something like the
> above (a space-seperated list of keys, with special keys such as
> SPC and RET referred to by short names).

Consult the Emacs (and ELisp) Info pages for 'Keyboard Macros'.  You
can get similar sequences using `insert-kbd-macro' after recording
one.

Bjoern

--
Bjoern Milcke                   mailto:Bjoern.Milcke'at'Sun.COM
Software Engineer               http://www.sun.com/staroffice

'Playing' a sequence of keys as input to emacs

Post by Paolo Gianross » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:04:04

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:40:52 +0200

> Hi there

> Assume I have something like this written in my buffer

> C-x ( Bla SPC C-x ) C-1 C-0 C-0 C-x e

> Is it possible to make emacs interpret this line as a sequence of
> keyboard events; for instance by marking it and then using M-x
> something? In case this is possible, where can I find a list of the
> "accepted" syntax; I suppose it would be something like the above (a
> space-seperated list of keys, with special keys such as SPC and RET
> referred to by short names).

If I get right what you want,
        M-x name-kbd-macro
        C-x C-f .emacs
        M->
        M-x insert-kbd-macro
        C-x b

hope it help
cheers
paolino

1. ediff broken: ''End of stream: "internal input stream"''

I'm using Xemacs 21.1.9 on Win2000, installed from the .exe installer
on xemacs.org, and the sumo tarball: xemacs-sumo-2001-09-29.tar.gz.

When I visit a buffer and do M-x ediff-merge, I get the message

End of stream: "internal input stream"

in the status bar and no ediff buffers are opened.  Can someone please
help me?

Co-incidentally, I also get the message when I invoke M-x compile for
the first time in a session.  Subsequent invocations of M-x compile
work ok.

Ed

2. Apple 13" monitors

3. Switching 'Left Windows' key and 'Left Alt' key

4. question?

5. Audio CD's won't play

6. Ver 7 ROMs for 2091 and 2630 - what do you get?

7. Emacs says 'Invalid input style'

8. Timeout in ACE_SOCK_Dgram_Mcast::recv]

9. How do I bind 'Meta' to the 'Alt' key?

10. The 'X' and 'C' keys are too close together

11. equivalent of VI's 'H','M','L'?

12. ``You can run the command `cmd' with <key>'' message