setting toolbar-visible-p makes xemacs windows jump around

setting toolbar-visible-p makes xemacs windows jump around

Post by si.. » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 05:20:57

In XEmacs 21.4 (patch 3) "Academic Rigor" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule)

This has bothered me for a while: I've customized `toolbar-visible-p'
to nil, and always when I start xemacs the xemacs window jump around
so that half of it is outside of the visual screen.  Very irritating.

Reproduce by calling (customize-set-variable 'toolvar-visible-p nil),
or simply:

$ xemacs -q -eval "(customize-set-variable 'toolbar-visible-p nil)"

Thanks.

setting toolbar-visible-p makes xemacs windows jump around

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:07:15

Quote:>This has bothered me for a while: I've customized `toolbar-visible-p'
>to nil, and always when I start xemacs the xemacs window jump around
>so that half of it is outside of the visual screen.  Very irritating.

it doesn't jump around for me.  perhaps it's window manager related.

--
okay, have a sig then

Post by Simon Josefsso » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 09:15:32

Quote:>>This has bothered me for a while: I've customized `toolbar-visible-p'
>>to nil, and always when I start xemacs the xemacs window jump around
>>so that half of it is outside of the visual screen.  Very irritating.

> it doesn't jump around for me.  perhaps it's window manager related.

Hmm, yes, you're right, it doesn't happen with twm.  I'm using KDE
2.1.2 from redhat linux 7.1.  I've never seen it with any other
application than XEmacs though.

1. Jumping around the buffer

How can you efficiently jump

When editing latex or source code files on emacs (xemacs) I often find
myself
scrolling up to another section of the file, making a small change, then

wanting to jump right back to where I was editing. This could be made a
lot
easier if there was some command in emacs/xemacs for jumping
back to the position you were just editing, rather like the
forward and back buttons in netscape.

Does anybody know of such a command?

And while I'm at it, does anyone know why a page up followed
by a page down does not return the cursor to exactly the same
point where you left it??

Thanks,

Dave.

2. Opalvision

3. Starting up xemacs without the toolbar visible

4. MIDI Instrument Mapper - gone!

5. making tabs (and others) visible?

6. Visual Basic Vs C++

7. making invisible extents visible

8. Epson 875DC with WinXP Resetting

9. making whitespace chars visible

10. Making minibuffer-only windows on Windows NT?

11. Set ToolBar Color, and more (was Re: Set Menu Color)

12. can't set visible-bell in init.el?

13. (set-specifier menubar-visible-p nil)