ELLE wanted...

Post by Ozan Yig » Sun, 02 Dec 1990 12:47:00

        Does anyone have ELLE ?? A friend had once picked it up
        from SRI-NIC, but due to some problems, he could not
        send it to me intact. Since he is now elsewhere in the
        globe, I cannot get it from him anymore. I would appreciate
        getting it from someone else who has it, either thru usenet,
        thru tape, or thru a guest uucp-link. [I gave up on trying
        to reach ELLE's author... He does not seem to respond...
        long time ago, he was almost interested in putting ELLE to
        usenet, but I lost contact]

        Please respond via mail.

oz
--
The best way to have a          Usenet: [decvax|ihnp4]!utzoo!yetti!oz

lot of ideas.                   Phonet: [416] 736-5053 x 3976

1. key-remapping/bindings in elle/emacs

I am running under Minix 1.3/1.5(IBMPC 386sx) and Unix (bsd4.3/encore) and
need help in key-bindings with either 'elle' or 'emacs', I want to make
them WordPerfect keystroke compatible at least on the simpler commands.

F1 = undo/cancel last command
F7 = save with prompt for filename, answer 'y' = save/write file and leave
     in next blank document on screen...

F10 = save and exit

F5 = list files of current directory to screen (overlay) cancelled back
     to editor with F1.

F8 = underline on/off toggle

F6 = bold on/off toggle

F4 = paragraph block indent 5 spaces

F2 = forward search for string

F3 = backward search for string

101 keyboard
---------------
PgUp key = page up
PgDn key = page down
up arrow = up by one line
down arrow = down by one line
left/right arrow keys by one character
backspace = delete to the left
del = delete above cursor

and THAT's IT!!
--------------------
haven't people done a lot of key-rebindings in the years that emace/elle
has been around and can just direct me to some ftp site where these might
be kept? I don't have the experience to learn key-remapping in less than
3-4 months. Have no other help.
thanks for any/all hints/directions.

chuck

--
Chuck Boyer, ITS Secretary
Seattle University

2. Complete distribution package of emTex.

3. Still looking for ELLE !!!!

4. New Kermit 95 Registry Utility

5. Yamhill Co. Webpages Wanted

6. packet sniffer

7. READ THE ONLY WEB SITE THAT WANTS TO KILL JEWS AND BLACKS

8. Help with SX-32 and VGA display

9. * Experienced Video Telecommunications Programmer Wanted *

10. Guinea pigs wanted - Emacs Perl - control XEmacs with Perl

11. Help wanted: Possible to customize browse-url to call a phone number ?

12. Wanted XEmacs binary for Solaris-X86 (Bruce Riddle)

13. "delete-regexp" type function wanted