Faces in ordinary text files...

Post by Paul Provo » Fri, 07 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Howdy all,

    I would like to use display faces (bold, italic, etc) in regular
text files, and optionnally print them.  Anybody knows of packages
that do this (I know about font-lock, but this is not what I want.
I'm looking for arbitrary 'fontifying').

Any info appreciated...

Paul

--
Paul Provost        | Taarna System Inc.
Software Engineer   | 305 De La Commune O., Suite 100, Montreal, Canada

1. writing "system" files as ordinary user

I always have XEmacs open on my desktop.

I sometimes have to edit a configuration file (e.g., /etc/fstab) which
an ordinary user can't write to. I've been su to root and using vi in
an xterm, but this seems dumb, given that XEmacs is already opened.

So what's the easiest way for an ordinary user to write to a protected
file?

--

Robert Koss, Ph.D.  | Object Mentor, Inc.    | Tel: (800) 338-6716
Senior Consultant   | 14619 N Somerset Cr    | Fax: (847) 918-1023

2. Error Question

3. EMACS/AUCTEX and dtx/ins file types

4. InkJet papers

5. unrmail, or how to convert rmail files to the ordinary mailbox format

6. Adding New DC to Existing PDC

7. Configuring faces wit set-face-property as with custom-set-face

8. Windows based User Control used in ASP.NET application

9. i'd like to change the face-lock-face-attributes used in face-lock

10. dtx and ins in xemacs

11. Adding C-code plug-ins to Emacs?

12. : $ -> ordinary character?

13. Adding C-code plug-ins to Emacs?