Bindings in fold-mode

Post by Markus.Grunw.. » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:58:27

Hello,

I have a problem with key bindings in folding-mode:

folding-mode uses C-b for fold-backward-char, but I have bound C-b as prefix arg for all my own (well, some are mine)
functions. So when I use folding-mode, I can't use my own bindings any
more. An obvious solution would be to use another binding for my own
functions but I got very, very used to them, while I am just starting with
folding mode. Is there a clean way to tell folding-mode other bindings ?

Thanks for your help again,

Markus Grunwald
Development

PRFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH
Oskar-Messter-Stra?e 19 - 21
85737 Ismaning
http://www.pruftechnik.com

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify

PRUFTECHNIK cannot guarantee that any files attached to this e-mail are
free from viruses or any other program code that may be harmful to your
computer, and, as such, is not liable for any damage that may be caused as
a result. PRUFTECHNIK reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.

Bindings in fold-mode

Post by David A. Panarit » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:26:17

   Markus> Hello,

   Markus> I have a problem with key bindings in folding-mode:

   Markus> folding-mode uses C-b for fold-backward-char, but I have bound C-b
   Markus> as prefix arg for all my own (well, some are mine) functions. So
   Markus> when I use folding-mode, I can't use my own bindings any more. An
   Markus> obvious solution would be to use another binding for my own
   Markus> functions but I got very, very used to them, while I am just
   Markus> starting with folding mode. Is there a clean way to tell
   Markus> folding-mode other bindings ?
Set the variable `folding-mode-hook' to point to a function that changes
bindings in `folding-mode-map'.

See
<prefix>/xemacs/xemacs-packages/lisp/text-modes/{auto-autoloads.el,folding.el}
and search for folding-mode-hook.

davep

1. dtx and ins in xemacs

Hi,

how do I make xemacs recognize dtx and ins (documented LaTeX code)
files as LaTeX or TeX file? Or is there even some special xemacs
mode for those files?

Thanks
        Bernd
--
----------------------------
Bernd Schandl

2. Pocket Book 2 and Psiwin

3. Adding C-code plug-ins to Emacs?

4. How to reduce .EXE file size using RHIDE?

5. EMACS/AUCTEX and dtx/ins file types

6. Cheapest Price for Epson Cartridges for 700/Ex Please?

7. Adding C-code plug-ins to Emacs?

8. form-error message

9. folding-mode flakiness

10. folding mode

11. folding-mode keybindings don't honor mark

12. problem with overlays and folding-mode?

13. Folding mode