Paren highlight question

Post by Le Wan » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:31:13

Hi,

I know when I used to use gnu Emacs, there was an option that you can
turn on so that if the matching paren is out of your screen but
exists, the who region between the parentheses is highlit.  (normally,
I only highlight the parentheses themselves)

Mic-paren has something similar, except it quotes the text where the
matching parentheses is found, but it would be nice if the region was
highlit as well, but only of course if the matching parenthesis is out
of the view area.

Has this been implemented in XEmacs?

Thanks.
-lw

Paren highlight question

Post by Amit Pate » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:09:34

Quote:Le Wang <> writes:
> Hi,

> I know when I used to use gnu Emacs, there was an option that you can
> turn on so that if the matching paren is out of your screen but
> exists, the who region between the parentheses is highlit.  (normally,
> I only highlight the parentheses themselves)

I use

(paren-set-mode 'sexp)

to highlight the text between parentheses.  However it occurs all the
time, not only when the matching paren is off the screen.

There are some interesting comments in paren.el about a 'nested' mode
that would use different sorts of shading for different nesting levels
of parentheses.  However it is marked 'not yet implemented'.  :-(

        - Amit

--
Amit J Patel, Computer Science Department, Stanford University
        http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/