something weird with paren-mode

Post by Stephane Epardau » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:29:18

This bug report will be sent to the XEmacs Development Team,
 not to your local site managers!!
Please write in English, because the XEmacs maintainers do not have
translators to read other languages for them.

In XEmacs 21.4 (patch 10) "Military Intelligence" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule) of Mon Nov 25 2002 on westmalle
configured using `configure --with-mule --prefix /opt/xemacs --with-widgets=athena --without-sound'

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

I've had this problem for ages. I feel stupid that everytime instead of
noting the error message and reporting it, I fire up my workaround
instantly.

It has to do with the paren-mode. I think I have a matching parent
showing a highlight, then I open a new file, using TAB abusively,
splitting the screen in two for completion, then either I open the file
or I give up, and I get back to my original file. This is where I get
the message about paren modifier quitting something. Result is that
every highlight of matching paren will remain on screen forever. Unless
I quickly paren-set-mode a couple times until back to my original mode.
That makes everything back to normal.
The error message is not shown in the message log, and I cannot seem to
be able to reproduce it although I'm confident that it happens every
week.

Sorry about the vagueness of the message, I'll try to remember to note
it down next time, but I was wondering if anyone experienced the same
problem?

Recent keystrokes:

button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up button5 button5up button5 button5up
button5 button5up C-x o C-g down C-x 1 button1 button1up
button1 button1up M-x r e p o TAB r t TAB RET

Recent messages (most recent first):

Making completion list...
Matches: { grammar = (SchemaGrammar)fGrammarPool.retrieveGrammar(fXSDDescription);
Quit
SPC not defined.
Making completion list...