Can't print from Windows 95 version of Emacs 19.34.4

Can't print from Windows 95 version of Emacs 19.34.4

Post by Peter E. Bigg » Sat, 27 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have Emacs version 19.34.4 installed on a windows 95 machine. There is
a special section on the info pages about printing in a dos environment.
According to this page, it looks like all I need to do is set the
dos-printer vaialbe to "PRN". I have the following statement in my
.emacs file:

(setq dos-printer  "PRN")

but this doesn't work. When I use the lpr-buffer command, I get the
error : "Searching for program: no such file or directory, lpr"

The print-buffer command gives the error: "Searching for program: no
such file or directory, pr"

Does anyone know what I need to do to get printing to work in this
environment?

Thanks,
Peter Biggs,

Can't print from Windows 95 version of Emacs 19.34.4

Post by dominik.win.. » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

You need the GNU Printing Tools (I think the name is
gnuptool.zip). There is a program named pr.exe that is what your Emacs
is missing.

--
Dominik Winter

HP: http://pobox.com/~dominik.winter

1. Need help on running Shell under emacs (19.34.1) on Win 95

Hi:

Recently I downloaded tcsh & other unix utilities from cygnus in an
effort to make my Windows 95 environment similar to my unix
environment. when I run tcsh under emacs (19.34.1), it does not echo
newline after I hit return. So output of my commands start right after
the command, if I just hit return, prompt appears after the first
prompt. In short it looks pretty ugly after a while.

So I tried 'stty -echo nl' but get the following error from stty:

 stty: standard input: no such file or directory

Infact stty always returns this message for anything I try to do with
it, 'stty -a' also generates the same message.

Does anybody know what I need to do ? I start tcsh with '-cf' options,
& make my SHELL environment variable as tcsh. This problem occurs only
while running tcsh (or bash) in *Shell* buffer under emacs. tcsh
started otherwise behaves perfect.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,

Anupam Chandra
-------------------

2. DMII - All help wanted!

3. building emacs 19.34.1 for NT/95

4. Virtual standstill in opening My Pictures

5. NT/95 19.34.6 c-mode question

6. Beginner/student need help to implement Fuzzy Logic Controller on a microcontroller

7. GNU emacs 19.34.1 on Windows NT - server-start doesn't work

8. Problem with Emacs 19.34.1 and Version Control (SCCS)

9. Can't run Emacs 19.34.4 for Win NT

10. HP-UX's stty and emacs-19.34 rlogin mode problems

11. NT emacs 19.34.6: window size changes "by itself"

12. help w/print-buffer on Win95 19.34.6