kill buffer and frame with gnuclient

Post by Leo » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:59:57

hi all

when i open a file in emacs via gnuclient it opens in its own new frame so
far so good.

after visting this file i want to kill this buffer AND close the frame. does
gnuserv propide a command for that? (i couldn't find anything)

or if not, how kan i know that this frame/buffer is opened by gnuserv? (then
i could write my own kill-buffer-close-frame an bind it in this case to C-x
k or so.)

ta, leo

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:29:39

> when i open a file in emacs via gnuclient it opens in its own new frame so
> far so good.

> after visting this file i want to kill this buffer AND close the frame. does
> gnuserv propide a command for that? (i couldn't find anything)

There are some hooks, try M-x apropos-variable RET serv.*hook RET, I
hope it's listed there.

--
~/.signature

kill buffer and frame with gnuclient

Post by Leo » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:58:47

sorry, unfortunately i get "No apropos matches for `serv.*hook'".

are there different versions of gnuserv around?

cheers, leo

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:50:29

> sorry, unfortunately i get "No apropos matches for `serv.*hook'".

> are there different versions of gnuserv around?

Huh?  Did you do the M-x apropos RET after using gnuserv in that
session?

Or did you use C-h a?  It is not the same as M-x apropos RET.
--
~/.signature

kill buffer and frame with gnuclient

Post by Leo » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 08:23:35

hi kai

nop, i had activated gnuserv; i had used "apropos" and i could not get any
matches. now i checked gnserv.el itself: the word "hook" doesn't exsist in
this file at all.

i use gnuserv version v 2.1 from 95/02/16 12:00:16.is there a newer version
around? (its the version the ntemacs faq links to.)

any idea?

thanks, leooo

ps: emacs version is: GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2003-03-28
on buffy

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:18:58

> nop, i had activated gnuserv; i had used "apropos" and i could not get any
> matches. now i checked gnserv.el itself: the word "hook" doesn't exsist in
> this file at all.

Weird.  A file without hooks.

Quote:> i use gnuserv version v 2.1 from 95/02/16 12:00:16.is there a newer version
> around? (its the version the ntemacs faq links to.)

The date is really very old, but the version number looks relatively
recent.  Hm.  I saw some versions floating about, adding Emacs
compatibility to recent XEmacs gnuserv versions, and stuff.  But I
don't recall any details :-(

I think that emacsclient can now do much of what gnuserv once could
do better; only remote operation is missing AFAIK.

--
~/.signature

Post by Klaus Zeitle » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:50:00

    Kai> The date is really very old, but the version number looks relatively
    Kai> recent.  Hm.  I saw some versions floating about, adding Emacs
    Kai> compatibility to recent XEmacs gnuserv versions, and stuff.  But I
    Kai> don't recall any details :-(

see http://meltin.net/hacks/emacs/

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
Teamwork is essential - it allows you to blame someone else.

kill buffer and frame with gnuclient

Post by Leo » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:11:59

thanks kai,

i have just started a new thread about emacsclient and gnuserv:

xheers, leo