Unable to run shell-type programs?

Post by Kevin Deli » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

    Has anyone seen this error message when trying to things like
compiling code, printing, or other shell type activities when using
XEmacs?

/c: /c: No such file or directory

    Thanks in advance to all who respond...

Unable to run shell-type programs?

Post by Kevin Deli » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Ernest -

    Thanks for the response...it turns out that the cause of the problem
was code I had pulled from my NT Emacs .emacs for setting up bash to work

on NT...when I removed that code, all works fine - printing, compiling,
etc., however, now I can't do M-x shell.  Whenever I do, I get an
exception...I need probably to look at my path settings...thanks again
for
your help..

> Sounds like the Xemacs folks need a FAQ like the NTEmacs one.

> See the appropriate entries in
> http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html for the
> ntemacs-appropriate magic -- perhaps it will help you.

> > Hello,

> >     Has anyone seen this error message when trying to things like
> > compiling code, printing, or other shell type activities when using
> > XEmacs?

> > /c: /c: No such file or directory

> >     Thanks in advance to all who respond...

> Ernest Friedman-Hill
> Distributed Systems Research        Phone: (925) 294-2154
> Sandia National Labs                FAX:   (925) 294-2234

> PO Box 969                  http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
> Livermore, CA 94550

1. Problem running interactive programs in shell mode

Hi,

I'm having some problems running interactive programs in a *shell*
buffer under Windows NT (I run XEmacs 21.1 -- native port, not the
cygwin one -- under Windows NT 4.0).

I tried to run both cmd.exe and bash.exe as the
'explicit-shell-file-name'. They work fine, but when I try to invoke
some interactive programs from the shell prompt, I never see their
prompt. For example, I tried to run GNUProlog, but I never see the '|
:-'.

Any ideas?
--
Dominique Boucher, Ph.D.
Locus Dialogue Inc.

Tel:   (514) 954-3804

Web:   www.locusdialogue.com

2. Electronic impositioning by Preps

3. Running full screen program like vi from xemacs shell window

4. WTB: Stock AMiga 2000

5. Running .exe programs in Emacs shell in Win NT

6. Porting from 95/NT to OS/2 2.xx/3.xx/4.xx

7. Trouble running shell programs within emacs..

8. Calling a 'C' program in matlab

9. Can I run a graphics program in an Emacs shell?

10. Unable to run Cygwin version of XEmacs after installation

11. Unable to run bookmark-set in XEmacs 19.13

12. Unable to run XEmacs 21.1.3 on Windows NT

13. unable to run 'info' from oemacs