win32 cygwin / X11 binaries?

Post by Seth Delackne » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:41:21

Has anyone built XEmacs on windows with X11 support?  Either with or
without cygwin is fine.  I would really appreciate it!  The
instructions look pretty messy (download MIT X sources, patch certain
files, and so on).  I already have cygwin XFree86 installed, I just
want a binary or a 'configure --with-X11; make' way of doing it.

win32 cygwin / X11 binaries?

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:37:41

Quote:>Has anyone built XEmacs on windows with X11 support?

i haven't, but if you have cygwin xfree86 installed then `--with-x11
--with-msw=no' might work.

win32 cygwin / X11 binaries?

Post by Jonathan Harri » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:36:45

> Has anyone built XEmacs on windows with X11 support?  Either with or
> without cygwin is fine.  I would really appreciate it!  The
> instructions look pretty messy (download MIT X sources, patch certain
> files, and so on).  I already have cygwin XFree86 installed, I just
> want a binary or a 'configure --with-X11; make' way of doing it.

I don't know if the MSVC build still works for X11, but the cygwin build
is fine. Ignore nt/README and just build with ./configure in bash.

Jonathan.

1. Cygwin-XEmacs: How 2 avoid creation of DOS-console when running gdb in X11-xemacs

Hi,

when running a program from an GDB session within XEmacs
under fullscreen-X11 a new "DOS-"console window will popup
for the i/O of the program and so the context switches from
X11 to this new console.  This is quite annoying.

When running gdb from an xterm the programs I/O is also done
on this xterm, not on a DOS-console.

(gdb) show new-console
Creation of new console when creating child process is off.

Using the "tty" gdb-command is no cure.

Is there anyone that has solved this, i.e. where I/O of the
debugged program goes into the *gdb* buffer of emacs?

Robert

2. Question about Publishing

3. cygwin + X11 build of xemacs-21.4.0

4. Best directory of PocketPC software?

5. Cygwin XEmacs vs. native Win32 XEmacs?

6. Compilers in four hours?

7. Cygwin Shell from Native Win32 Version

8. win32, cygwin, diff, XEmacs

9. v21.1.12 for win32 not Cygwin

10. win32, cygwin, diff, XEmacs

11. cygwin compilation and binary problems

12. Are there Xemacs Binaries for Cygwin/ XFree86