a couple of weeks ago i switched from emacs to xemacs and was delighted by
the nice look and feel and the good recent-files implementation.
everything else was a disaster:
- elisp jumping is more cumbersome (might be easy fixable -- thanks to
- html-mode parses to much (might be only an switch or so)
but most important:
- dired just does not really work:
at first i discovered: that directory copying does not work. then i tried
for two days to get the recursive switch to work fiddling around with
dired-listing-switches, dired-ls-program, etc
i got there good help through this newsgroup c.e.x (thanks to all!), but
still most things in dired do not work.
that's why i give up and switch back to GNU emacs. sorry.