emacs mail questions

Post by Eric Tyte » Thu, 04 Nov 1993 07:25:59

Is there any way I can configure one of the many emacs mail
utilities to behave in the following way:

Always use UNIX mail format.
Save what messages I don't read in ~/mail/saved-messages
And log anything I send in ~/mail/sent-mail

I would really like to use emacs to edit mail, but until I
can do that, I can't.  Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Eric Tytell                     "They have love, but they

emacs mail questions

Post by Hans P. Gjef » Thu, 04 Nov 1993 20:31:18

Quote:> Is there any way I can configure one of the many emacs mail
> utilities to behave in the following way:
> log anything I send in ~/mail/sent-mail

included in my .emacs
        (setq mail-archive-file-name "~/mail.out")
...works for me!

 HP Gjefle      ________________________________________________________

--
 HP Gjefle      ___________________________________________________

emacs mail questions

Post by Uwe Bonn » Thu, 04 Nov 1993 19:45:45

|> Is there any way I can configure one of the many emacs mail
|> utilities to behave in the following way:
|>
|> Always use UNIX mail format.

(Stuff deleted)

Look for vm

Uwe

1. Emacs, mail and news question (in Linux)

Hi everyone
I started using Emacs in X11 in Linux.  When I recieve mail through emacs
it goes to Rmail and I can see that it is saved there!  But when I send
mail through emacs it is sent fine but I can not seem to see where it is
saved in my home directory.  I looked and I just can not find where are the
messages I sent.  Also, I just can not seem to succeed in pointing Emacs
(gnus) to my remote newsserver.  I have the environment set (and Tin works
fine), but emacs/Gnus cannot find the remote newsserver.
So, my two questions are these:
1.  Where is the file that has the messages that I send out through emacs?
2.  How can I point emacs/gnus into my remote newsserver?  Is there a file
with all these variables that I can change?
I am new into this whole thing (three weeks ago I did not know what
Unix/Linux is).  So, any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Maan
--
Maan M. Hamze

http://leb.net/~mmhamze

2. SMC EZNET-10/100 driver

3. Question: How to read MIME-format mail in emacs?

4. XDM and Kerberos V

5. Writing a mail message to a file (using emacs mail)

6. Wanted - RiscPP

7. A verbose setting in Gnu Emacs mail like Unix mail

8. IE5 Upgrade problem.

9. mail question

10. Gnus and local mail question

11. two questions on mail configuration

12. Two questions regarding RMAIL-get-new-mail

13. Question on Font Selection in Mail Mode