JDE and JAVA-mode, is there method auto-completion?

JDE and JAVA-mode, is there method auto-completion?

Post by Mack Dadd » Mon, 22 May 2000 04:00:00

Hey Y'all,
  I been looking at JAVA IDE's for the past few days...and jbuilder from
inprise and forte from sun seem to be pretty useful tools.

The only thing I can find that is not in XEmacs is the method auto
completion in those IDE's.

Kinda like when you begin to type System.out.

if you wait a bit a dialog box pops up and a list of all the sub methods
in this class are displayed.

Does JDE or java mode have this?  Been looking at the web sites and
haven't seen any mention.

bloc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Bill Somervill » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

> The only thing I can find that is not in XEmacs is the method auto
> completion in those IDE's.

How do you debug Java with XEmacs?

Bill Somerville

Post by Kilian A. Fot » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

> How do you debug Java with XEmacs?
> Bill Somerville

1. (require 'jde)

2. C-c C-v C-d

--
``Of course, this is a heuristic,
  which is a fancy way of saying that it doesn't work.''

JDE and JAVA-mode, is there method auto-completion?

Post by Mack Dadd » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

I think i found out...the jde in xemacs is 1.17 or something like that

the one that is currently being developed is jde 2.xx <- this version
includes auto completion and other nice windowey ide features.

Thanks,
SD

> > How do you debug Java with XEmacs?

> > Bill Somerville

> 1. (require 'jde)

> 2. C-c C-v C-d

> --
> ``Of course, this is a heuristic,
>   which is a fancy way of saying that it doesn't work.''
>                                                     Mark-Jason Dominus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Method indentation in Java-mode (Emacs 20)

When writing Java-code, I normally indent my methods like this:

void foo(int arg)
{

This seemed to be the default behavior in the Java mode for
Emacs 19.34, but in Emacs 20.2, it likes to indent like this:

void foo(int arg)
  {
  }

I assume the problem is somewhere in cc-mode, but in c++-mode, it
seems to indent this properly.

Does someone know how to set the behavior I want, or know where to
find help on it?

TIA,
Tom Lofgren

2. My online service works fine!

3. Commenting in java-mode using auto-fill-mode?

4. My view on CBM

5. java/jde syntax completion ?!?

6. Herstellen PC

7. auto-newline in java-mode not working

8. ShareFeed (2396997436770)

9. Indentation function for java in cc-mode/java-mode

10. auto-completion of variable names in emacs?

11. JDE: find all callers of a method?

12. Can't get into java-mode (problem with semantic-java package)

13. tag completion broken for C++ methods?