manually selecting loading mode

Post by Rob Robi » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:38:00

Hi all,
    A simple question.
    How can I manually load a mode that I want ? I have a php file that ends
with .cl. For instance, CR.cl. Unless I rename this file with an extension
of .php, the php mode won't be used.
    What's the way to manually load a mode that I want, or associate my .cl
extension with php mode??
Thanks,
Rob

manually selecting loading mode

Post by Bruce LaVign » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 02:32:47

You can do something like this in your startup file (change it for the
extension and mode you want ;-)

(setq auto-mode-alist (cons  '("\\.vm\\'" . verilog-mode) auto-mode-alist))

Quote:> Hi all,
>     A simple question.
>     How can I manually load a mode that I want ? I have a php file that ends
> with .cl. For instance, CR.cl. Unless I rename this file with an extension
> of .php, the php mode won't be used.
>     What's the way to manually load a mode that I want, or associate my .cl
> extension with php mode??
> Thanks,
> Rob

-bruce

1. doubts: manually installing libraries for all users

Hi group,
        I have downloaded a number of emacs libraries that I wish to install
manually for all users. I do not want to create a '.init' file for every
user and copy that '.init.file'. I have downloaded and compiled XEmacs
21.4.7. My questions are specifically:

1)Which is the recommended parent directory that I put these libraries
under ?

For example, I have a directory created automatically by the installation
of xemacs: '/usr/local/lib/xemacs', under which are present the directories
'site-lisp'and 'site-modules', both of which are currently empty.

I 'think' that these directories are meant for putting libraries under, but
suprisingly these directories are not present in the list 'load-path'

2)Which files (if any) do I need to modify/create to reflect the library
installation ?

For example is there a site-init.el/site-start.el anywhere (I couldn't find
any) that I can modify ? If I need to create one, which is the recommended
place to put it ?

Thanks for reading through that. I am really quite confused on how to do a
*proper* installation for all users.

All help greatly appreciated.
Tarun

2. *.m01 files

3. load lib and enter mode when loading a file

4. windows XP driver for scanner epson perfection 1200 fhoto (usb)

6. Decrypting Win2k Files?

7. can't load mmm-mode --- how to set load-path

8. help find farsi styles

9. select region - select rectangular region

10. auto-load C++ mode and font-lock-mode

11. start mail in auto-fill-mode, load files in text mode

12. xemacs not loading built-in lisp libraries (load-path problem?)

13. 19.13: occur-mode-goto-occurrence should use selected frame.