getting pixel-pos for current point position

getting pixel-pos for current point position

Post by Klaus Bernd » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:03:17

Hello,

How can i get the x- and y-pixeloffset (root is upper-left corner of current
frame) of current position of point (not the mouse!!)?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Klaus

--

sd&m AG                             http://www.sdm.de
software design & management

Post by Pawel Chmielewsk » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:32:40

> How can i get the x- and y-pixeloffset (root is upper-left corner of
> current frame) of current position of point (not the mouse!!)?

Switch on column-number-mode and line-number-mode
Pawel

1. Pixel position of point.

How do I get the (x, y) coordinates of point? I need the pixel coordinates
because I need to create a simulated mouse button down event at point (via
make-event). I need to create the simulated mouse event to pass to imenu to
get it to popup a menu at point. I've searched the Lisp reference manual and
apropos, looking for some function or combination of functions that would
get me the desired screen coordinates of point. The closest I can find is
current-pixel-column, which returns the x coordinate of a specified position
in the buffer. You would think there would be a corresponding
current-pixel-line, but there is not. Nor is there the even more obvious:
current-pixel-position.

- Paul

2. SunNet Manager and vendor MIBS

3. Bug: set-mouse-pixel-position often doesn't in 19.13

4. SNMP Management APIs for WIN32.

5. Point <--> Pixel Coordinates

6. ElfHex Tool

7. point position in end-of-buffer wrong?

8. I'm cheap and want to use TELNET...

9. XEmacs: possibility to get mouse position of (point)

10. How can I get the line number at the current position ?

11. How to search for string at current cursor position

12. x-popup-menu, Cursor Position, Current Window

13. Do not re-position current line on C-p C-n off screen