Strange behavior with search and replace under Viper

Strange behavior with search and replace under Viper

Post by Tom Verbeur » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello All,

under Viper, I can do standard search and replace operations the VI way
without any problem (%s/bli bla/BLA BLI/) except when you want to
replace by the word SET followed by a space: %s/bli bla/SET / : as soon
as you type the space, the command gets executed and it is not possible
to add anything there after. I am using Xemacs 21.1.8.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tom

1. strange replace-regexp behavior

        I was trying to remove a leading column of '>' characters
from some text and got some strange behavior from replace-regexp.
I have text something like this:

I wanted to remove the first '>' in each line.  Thus, I did:

        (replace-regexp "^>" "")

Instead of removing just the first '>' in each line, it removed
the whole sequence of '>' characters.  It acted as though I
has used "^>*" for the first argument.  I ended up with:

blah blah blah
 blah blah blah

I'm using Epoch 4.2 on a SPARC 10 under SunOS 4.1.3.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
pat

--
"I have a cunning plan." -- Baldric
                                                             patrick m. ryan

2. dvips: default margins.

3. Strange behaviour of replace-regular-expression (?)

4. Tunning X through Raptor telnet

5. Strange spell check behaviour

6. Zynaps wanted!

7. genpage - strange behaviour

8. Is it possible to put pascal code in a c project?

9. viper query replace could have better defaults

10. strange behavior of dired

11. Strange syntax-highlighting behaviour

12. strange new frame behaviour

13. strange behavior of VC (version control) in xemacs