emacs and large scheme files

Post by Ofer Resh » Tue, 26 May 1992 16:53:08

Hello all,
  We use scheme under emacs. We have large scheme files that we want to feed
  scheme using Meta-o (send buffer) command in a scheme-mode buffer.
  For some reason, emacs gets stuck when trying to send-buffer. It works
  perfectly with small files.
  I'd appreciate any help.

1. Large files on OS/2 Emacs

I'm having trouble loading up a file larger than about 10000 bytes on
emacs for os/2.  Is there some parameter that I can change to allow
larger files?  OR IS THIS THE LIMIT!?  Please tell me - my source
files grew and I can no longer accommodate them on my emacs at home!

thanks

mike
--
nothing much to put in this sig file cause i have nothing much to say.
this is just too interesting to continue to read so i suggest you skip

2. Suggestions for XSLT & IE versions.

3. translate-region function on large files causes emacs to explode

4. Stunt Racer over Internet?

5. How large a file can I edit in EMACS (DOS 19.28)

6. serial comm - newbie

7. What to change to allow emacs to edit large files on VAX/VMS

8. WebExplorer and configuring multimedia viewers - help!

9. Portable Emacs Customizations (large init files)

10. Disable font-lock for large files?

11. Help with emailing large files.

12. large file aware?

13. Xemacs forks on large file