genpage - strange behaviour

genpage - strange behaviour

Post by Oliver Vecerni » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:22:12



Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my last mail
directly to the author was not answered. That's why I try it here.

I recently started using genpage - a great product btw - and a recipe
called toc.gp (genpage 1.0.7).

Nearly everthing works as expected except on pages where I use toc.gp
headlines loose their first character when starting with an 'S'.

For example my content file looks like this:

[...]
%toc%
<!-- _GP_ recipe("toc.gp") -->
<!-- _GP_ content("TOC") -->

%main%
[...]
<h3>ScanPlus&trade; 1800</h3>
[...]
<!-- _GP_ toc("3","3") -->
[...]

The 'S' from ScanPlus is suppressed. HTML output is as follows:

[...]
<ul>
<li><A HREF="#0">canPlus&trade; 1800</A></li>
</ul>
[...]
<H3><A NAME= "0">canPlus&trade; 1800</A></H3>

If I change that line to:

<h3> ScanPlus&trade; 1800</h3>
    ^ adding one space

everthing works as expected. Maybe other characters are affected
similary, but I didn't find others yet.

Is this a bug, or what am I doing wrong?

BTW: I thought XHTML 1.0 tags should be lower case. Why are these
converted to upper case?

Regards,
Oliver

 
 
 

genpage - strange behaviour

Post by Adrian Aichne » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:16:40


Hi Oliver!

    Oliver> Hi,

    Oliver> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my

No, it's not.

    Oliver> last mail directly to the author was not answered. That's
    Oliver> why I try it here.

genpage changed maintainership.

It's now suposedly maintained by
http://www.adebaumann.com/

However, the mailto link does not look too promising.

I have modified genpage sources slightly (bug fixes) for the XEmacs
website.

See (I'm sure Oliver already knows this one):
http://www.xemacs.org/About/Website.html#Maclwg

I have also sent patches to the previous maintainer.  I never heard
back.

I plan to feed back xemacsweb/genpage changes, if I can get in contact
with an active maintainer of genpage.

I might look into your problem a bit later.

Best regards,

Adrian

    Oliver> I recently started using genpage - a great product btw -
    Oliver> and a recipe called toc.gp (genpage 1.0.7).

    Oliver> Nearly everthing works as expected except on pages where I
    Oliver> use toc.gp headlines loose their first character when
    Oliver> starting with an 'S'.

    Oliver> For example my content file looks like this:

    Oliver> [...]
    Oliver> %toc%
    Oliver> <!-- _GP_ recipe("toc.gp") -->
    Oliver> <!-- _GP_ content("TOC") -->

    Oliver> %main%
    Oliver> [...]
    Oliver> <h3>ScanPlus&trade; 1800</h3>
    Oliver> [...]
    Oliver> <!-- _GP_ toc("3","3") -->
    Oliver> [...]

    Oliver> The 'S' from ScanPlus is suppressed. HTML output is as follows:

    Oliver> [...]
    Oliver> <ul>
    Oliver> <li><A HREF="#0">canPlus&trade; 1800</A></li>
    Oliver> </ul>
    Oliver> [...]
    Oliver> <H3><A NAME= "0">canPlus&trade; 1800</A></H3>

    Oliver> If I change that line to:

    Oliver> <h3> ScanPlus&trade; 1800</h3>
    Oliver>     ^ adding one space

    Oliver> everthing works as expected. Maybe other characters are affected
    Oliver> similary, but I didn't find others yet.

    Oliver> Is this a bug, or what am I doing wrong?

    Oliver> BTW: I thought XHTML 1.0 tags should be lower case. Why are these
    Oliver> converted to upper case?

    Oliver> Regards,
    Oliver> Oliver

--
Adrian Aichner

 http://www.xemacs.org/

 
 
 

1. Strange spell check behaviour

I have a strange spell check behaviour. In the following after the
tabbing environment, the following paragraph is not spell checked.
However, if I remove the tabbin envirionment, then the following
paragraph is spell checked. Or if I move the paragraph is moved before
tabbing, then it is spell checked. What is wrong in the tabbing or spell
check behaviour? Can any one explain. Thanks.

-arasu

%*****************************************************************************

\begin{tabbing}
where \=$\mu$ \== friction coefficient\\
    \>$\sigma_{n}$\>= normal pressure across the interface (kPa) \\
    \>$S_{r}$\>= relative rubbing speed between the surfaces (mm/s), and \\
    \>$G_{\alpha}$\>= included angle of the grooving(degrees), with
    G$_{\alpha}$ = 180\textdegree~for flat surfaces.
\end{tabbing}

In a typical milling situation, the juice flow under high pressure in
the groove tip region may serve to lubricate the contact interface,
thus reducing the friction coefficient. The coefficient of friction
$\mu=0.5$ served as a reasonable value for all practical two-roll
simulatins.

%******************************************************************************

2. Calendar empty after synch

3. strange behavior of dired

4. My midi files won't playback properly on my soundcard.

5. Strange syntax-highlighting behaviour

6. Iris Explorer tutoring needed

7. Strange behavior with search and replace under Viper

8. strange new frame behaviour

9. strange behavior of VC (version control) in xemacs

10. Strange gnuclient behavior

11. strange ASSOC behaviour

12. Misc Strange Behaviours--XEmacs 19.13