Caching Headers for Gnus

Post by Tim Johnso » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:01:18

Hello:
I hope my clumsiness is excused, because I am both brand new to
xemacs and even newer than that to Gnus.

How may I cache the headers from this list so that if I should close
Gnus and open it again soon, that I don't have to download all of
the headers?

Regards
--

       http://www.johnsons-web.com

Caching Headers for Gnus

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:54:54

Quote:>How may I cache the headers from this list so that if I should close
>Gnus and open it again soon, that I don't have to download all of
>the headers?

see the `gnus unplugged' node in the manual.  if you are the only person
using gnus then agent mode might be appropriate.  if there are multiple
users then using an external cache, e.g., nntpcache, is probably better.

--
okay, have a sig then