EFS on NT: "seems not a pty" problem

Post by stil.. » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

I've just built and installed 21.1.2 on NT and thought I might give
getting efs to work a try again. I've set up the variables for gateway,
external program (cygwin ftp), etc. Now, when I try to open a file
via FTP, I can see a message "Opening FTP connection to <dest> via

(user, dest and gateway are, of course, placeholders here). It doesn't
matter whether I answer yes or no, the ftp-buffer just hangs. What's
going on?

--

        --- Stefan Tilkov
        --- mailto:s.tilkov(at)computer.org

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

EFS on NT: "seems not a pty" problem

Post by stil.. » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Sorry to follow up to my own post, but I have got no answer in this
group. Is there a better forum for this question? Is nobody running
efs on NT?

Thanks for any help,
Stefan

> I've just built and installed 21.1.2 on NT and thought I might give
> getting efs to work a try again. I've set up the variables for
gateway,
> external program (cygwin ftp), etc. Now, when I try to open a file
> via FTP, I can see a message "Opening FTP connection to <dest> via

it?"
> (user, dest and gateway are, of course, placeholders here). It doesn't
> matter whether I answer yes or no, the ftp-buffer just hangs. What's
> going on?

> --

>    --- Stefan Tilkov
>    --- mailto:s.tilkov(at)computer.org

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. EFS problem: seems not a pty.

When trying to access any file on a remote system via EFS in XEmacs
21.1 (patch 8), I get the following sequence of messages:

   Opening FTP connection to hostname.domain...

(I should add that command line ftp works fine.)

I have tried replacing XEmacs with older versions (21.1.4 and 20.4.4)
and the same symptoms persist, so I suspect that the problem is
related to my specific OS installation (SuSE 6.3 GNU/Linux), as I have
version 20.4.4 working correctly on machines running under RedHat 6.0
and 6.1.

How would I go about trying to find what is causing this ?

Thanks,

Jacek

2. Disable Sharing Tab

3. bug when customizing "Efs Pty Check Threshold"

4. Template specialization

5. problems with "point", "mark" and "region"

6. DropDownList in DataList's Header, can't retrieve data

7. PC "Delete" key same as "BackSpace" key in 19.30 NT version

8. Another Delegation question

9. "abbrev" does not work for "while" ???

10. Why "point" and not "the point"?

11. "abbrev" does not work for "while" ???

12. Q: How to highlight the "++", "--", "==" ... for C or C++

13. (setenv "LANGUAGE" "da_DK") + dired -> "No file on line"