Decoding Multipe Articles

Post by root » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I like the fact that I can mark and decode articles in GNUS under XEMACS-19.14
on my Linux 2.0.x box.  As it stands, I can only do it one at a time.  I tried marking
more than one article and hitting the decode button but I always get the error
message "wrong file type".  Is there a way around this or can you only decode
one article at a time?

Thanks in advance.

Bidemi Temidire

Decoding Multipe Articles

Post by Steven L Bau » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

root> Hi,

root> I like the fact that I can mark and decode articles in GNUS
root> under XEMACS-19.14 on my Linux 2.0.x box.  As it stands, I can
root> only do it one at a time.  I tried marking more than one article
root> and hitting the decode button but I always get the error message
root> "wrong file type".  Is there a way around this or can you only
root> decode one article at a time?

You get the `wrong type file' message when you are attempting to
uudecode a group of messages and run across a message in MIME/base-64.
I would expect this to work much better once the Tools for MIME (tm)
package is distributed standard with XEmacs, and Gnus can be more MIME
aware.
--

Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.
What are the last two letters of "doesn't" and "can't"?

1. VM: decode mail-attachments

Hi,

does anyone know if, with VM, there's an accelerator key or a function to decode uuencoded-mail-attachments.

Any help is really appreciated (pleaz post + e-mail me)!

--Nick

|    \\///    Nick Goetze --                       |

+-ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------------------------+

2. Keyboard lead pin outs for both ends?

3. BUG (?) in JPEG decoding

4. User permissions

5. decoding messages in mail-crypt

6. Dextra DF1200 Driver for Windows 95?

7. Help: My emacs decode .gz files but not encode

8. C DLL Function always returns 0 to VB

9. etach fails to decode multipart message

10. Does GNUS have a decode?

11. Explicit decoding

12. Using w3 for mime decoding text/html attachments

13. The problem with decoding MIME in VM...