BUG: horiz. scroll in vert. splitted window

BUG: horiz. scroll in vert. splitted window

Post by David Schweike » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

In XEmacs 21.0 "Swedish Landrace" [Lucid] (i686-suse-linux) of Thu Jun 18
1998 on schweikert
configured using configure '--cflags=-O6 -mpentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer'
--dynamic=yes --debug=no --with-gnu-make --error-checking=none --gung-ho
--use-union-type --with-scrollbars=athena3d --with-dialogs=athena3d
--without-dragndrop i686-suse-linux'

I have noticed a (seems-to-be-) bug:
Open the about screen and divide the window vertically (C-x 3). Now scroll the
left window to the right. The XEmacs logo "enters" the right window!

Since a picture is better than a thousand words, see:

http://www.schweikert.ddns.org/xemacs-bug.jpg

Post by Stephen S Furka » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I have noticed a (seems-to-be-) bug:
> Open the about screen and divide the window vertically (C-x 3). Now scroll the
> left window to the right. The XEmacs logo "enters" the right window!

> Since a picture is better than a thousand words, see:

> http://www.schweikert.ddns.org/xemacs-bug.jpg

 Hmmm...i see what you mean,  but the behavior occurs when I scroll the Right
window to the right. The XEmacs logo "enters" the Left window.
------------
Stephen  Furkay

Post by Kevin Oberma » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> > I have noticed a (seems-to-be-) bug:
> > Open the about screen and divide the window vertically (C-x 3). Now scroll the
> > left window to the right. The XEmacs logo "enters" the right window!

> > Since a picture is better than a thousand words, see:

> > http://www.schweikert.ddns.org/xemacs-bug.jpg

>  Hmmm...i see what you mean,  but the behavior occurs when I scroll the Right
> window to the right. The XEmacs logo "enters" the Left window.

Please note that this is pre-release software. This is being very
actively discussed on xemacs-beta. (Does not appear to have been
figured out, though.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)