speedbar and compile

Post by Goeran Schi » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

If I use the speedbar and do a C-x compile then, I get an error

Wrong type argument: windowp, nil

I am working with XEmacs V21.1.8, Speedbar V0.8, Windows NT.

What runs there incorrectly?

Goeran.

speedbar and compile

Post by Eric Ludla » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

>If I use the speedbar and do a C-x compile then, I get an error

>Wrong type argument: windowp, nil

>I am working with XEmacs V21.1.8, Speedbar V0.8, Windows NT.

Compile determines what directory to start in based on the current
buffer, and does window splits based on the current frame.  If you run
it from the speedbar frame, there is bound to be some confusion.

Try switching back to the originating frame before running the
compile command.

Eric
--
[====]___||.   Eric Ludlam          "The X Guy"    The MathWorks   x 7556

   O-O-O[ ]\\  Trevor Shea Ludlam     (son)    Oct 16th 1999; 5lbs, 11oz, 18in

speedbar and compile

Post by Goeran Schi » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Compile determines what directory to start in based on the current
>buffer, and does window splits based on the current frame.  If you run
>it from the speedbar frame, there is bound to be some confusion.

>Try switching back to the originating frame before running the
>compile command.

>Eric

The problem seems to lie in it that I normally work with several frames.
The variable get-frame-for-buffer-default-instance-limit is set to 2.
If I set it to nil, everything works fine.

Goeran