Can't select Paren Highlighting option

Post by Jim Ear » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I just completed an installation of XEmacs V21.1.7 on a RH 6.0 machine. As
a user, I ran xemacs, selected Options -> Syntax Highlighting -> In This
Buffer, and saved options - no problem. However, when I try to select
Options -> Paren Highlighting, all the options (Blinking Paren,
Expression, etc.) are grayed out - I can't select one.

As I said, this is a brand new install. I only have the xemacs-base, efs,
and cc-mode packages installed. I didn't see any mention of this issue in
the FAQ or in the list archives.

Is there something else I need to do?

TIA,
Jim Early

Post by Rob Hodge » Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00

> I only have the xemacs-base, efs, and cc-mode packages
> installed. [...]
> Is there something else I need to do?

You almost just answered your own question.  You need paren.el, which
is in the edit-utils package.

-Rob

1. Changing the face (color) of 'Paren Highlighting'

I want to change the face of 'Paren Highlighting' but I don't find the
entry in the 'Customize Faces' buffer to do this. I have searched
thoroughly but I cannot find it. Can anyone, please, tell me where is
that entry ?

By the way, I tried 'Paren Face Match', 'Paren Face Mismatch', 'Paren
Face No Match', but without luck.

Thanks in advance.

--
J. Carlos

2. CFP: AICS 2001 - 12th Irish Conference on AI & Cognitive Science

3. (paren-set-mode 'paren)

4. cant initiate e-mail

5. Help needed: Can't get blinking paren-highlighting

6. Wire and Air Duct

7. 'Print Buffer' option in 'File' menu always disabled?

8. WebExplorer .95/.94/.91 bug - repaint problems

9. How to enable 'Print Buffer' option in 'File' menu?

10. Can't get Options menu to save options file(s)

11. Options/Save Options doesn't work if background-pixmap used

12. How do I bind button2 to 'select that buffer in another window'

13. Mouse 'select' problems