mail question

Post by Kirk R. Wyther » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for a robust email client that can handle all of the window
and mac file attachments that I get sent (binhex outlook and the like).
I am currently using Netscape mail and news but it doesn't seem to like
attachments sent from an outlook client. Can I use xemacs for this
purpose or is it true that xemacs does not support file attachments?

Thanks

Kirk

--
Kirk R. Wythers
Department of Forest Resources

mail question

Post by j.. » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am looking for a robust email client that can handle all of the window
> and mac file attachments that I get sent (binhex outlook and the like).
> I am currently using Netscape mail and news but it doesn't seem to like
> attachments sent from an outlook client. Can I use xemacs for this
> purpose or is it true that xemacs does not support file attachments?

I know VM supports mime, base64, maybe others, I use it all the time.
Gnus is a news and mail reader which also supports mime, and base64.
Every now and then I run across attachments which Gnus reports as
"Wrong type of file", but most everybody uses some combination of mime or
base64.

1. Gnus and local mail question

I know this is answered somewhere but I'm hoping that somebody with a
similar setup can give it to me exactly.

I'm finally getting familiar enough with Gnus to try doing my email from
it too. I'm currently using pine <insert your comment here> and my mail
folder is is in my home directory as ~/mail/inbox. What do I need to add
to my .gnus file so that I can (at least for now)  read and
write my inbox via Gnus and pine until I'm more familiar with Gnus so I
can finally use that instead of pine?

Thanks for your help!
Chris

--
Chris Hirsch                        http://www.SymSystems.com/staff/chris

You might be a redneck if... Anyone in your family ever died right after
saying, "Hey, y'all  watch this! "
                                                     _. _____ __.. .__ ..

2. nroff to postscript

3. reportmail, announcing new mail question.

4. mysqld cannot find host.frm even though it is in data/mysql

5. Mail question !

6. special spam filtering

7. mail question

8. How come so many public IP addresses

9. emacs mail questions

10. Simple(?) mail question

11. Mail questions

12. two questions on mail configuration

13. Two questions regarding RMAIL-get-new-mail