cygwin binaries for w3m available?

Post by Klaus Bernd » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:30:46

Sounds off-topic but it isn't (at least not completely ;-), because there is a
nice package emacs-w3m and this need an installed w3m...

BTW: The mentioned link of the w3m-Homepage points to the
Sourceforge-Download-site but there are only sources available...

Thanks for pointers,
Klaus

--

sd&m AG                             http://www.sdm.de
software design & management

cygwin binaries for w3m available?

Post by Pierre Gasto » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:32:07

no binaries availaible, though ./configure; make; make install
works perfectlly under cygwin.

Pierre

Quote:> Sounds off-topic but it isn't (at least not completely ;-), because there is a
> nice package emacs-w3m and this need an installed w3m...

> BTW: The mentioned link of the w3m-Homepage points to the
> Sourceforge-Download-site but there are only sources available...

> Thanks for pointers,
> Klaus

1. cygwin compilation and binary problems

Hi all,

I've done quite well by XEmacs and cygwin in the past.  Usually "./configure
&& make && make install" works flawlessly (versions 21.4.4-5, IIRC).

I just installed the *whole* cygwin package (~ 1 GB), including the GNU Emacs
stuff a few days ago on a new laptop.  But then, I realized GNU Emacs only
works within XWindows or the text console, so I uninstalled it.  I've had a
bit of trouble compiling 21.4.10, and now 21.4.11, the latest error I've
gotten is:

  /src/xemacs-21.4.11/src/emacs.c:500: undefined reference to `_IsBadReadPtr'

I've also downloaded the default cygwin binaries, and dumped them into a
directory, but when I run XEmacs, I get this error message on the console:

  WARNING:
  Couldn't find an obvious default for the root of the XEamcs hierarchy
  [...]

I would prefer to build it myself, but if anyone can solve either problem I'd
appreciate it very much.

cheers.

--
Le

2. Natlink&Python in DNS 5?

3. Are there Xemacs Binaries for Cygwin/ XFree86

4. Adaptec addresses

5. setting the path cygwin binaries

6. 5302B problem

7. win32 cygwin / X11 binaries?

8. MACINTOSH PROGRAMMING FILES/UTILS ARCHIVE IS NOW ON THE WEB!

9. Xemacs Binaries for cygwin with XFree86

10. Exhausted memory with cygwin binary kit for W2K

11. XEmacs documentation binaries available

12. Is there a binary mode available for Xemacs

13. Xemacs 20.4 binary available for AIX 4.3.1