SOURCES FOR UNIX FULL SCREEN EDITORS

Post by Cross, Michael » Fri, 27 Mar 1992 07:05:15

Currently looking for source(s) for Unix full-screen editors meeting the
following requirements:

1. Full screen-editing
2. Contains programable macro key definitions
3. Scrolls text files vertically and horizontally (i.e. 80 or 132 column files)
4. View files in read-only mode
5. Customized start-up files
6. Programmable message line
7. Compatible with DEC VTXXX ascii terminals

Would appreciate any information on any government domain software editors
or vendor product information.  Replies can be sent via Internet to

1. full screen with xemacs

Hallo,

i have installed xemacs under gdm -- sawfish under debian woody. when loading
the xemacs window is larger than the screen. after the fonts have been installed
the right border is way out of the screen. I make the xemacs fullscreen, save
the session, however, next time the window is still to large.

Does anyone have a suggestion to make the xemacs window fullscreen without
adjustment?

Since I am working only for the last 2 month with linux and X, it would already
been sufficient to point me to an appropriate FAQ.

bernhard

2. 2.000.000 neue Besucher für Ihre Internetseite +

3. Default full screen

4. GCC 2.6.3. Where's the gcc?

5. Running full screen program like vi from xemacs shell window

6. socksified clients for solaris?

7. full screen Xemacs

8. Direct PPP Connection

9. Full Screen Emacs

10. Full screen emacs

11. why doesn't Emacs cover the full screen?

12. Default full screen