Equivalent of "virtual-folder-member" in VM 6.43 under 20.4 ?

Equivalent of "virtual-folder-member" in VM 6.43 under 20.4 ?

Post by Malleswara Gup » Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi!
I am trying to set up virtual folders in VM as given in VM FAQ.
(http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/vm-faq.html)

(defvar my-vm-virtual-leftovers-folder "General Delivery"
  "The name of the virtual folder containing all the messages which are not
members of other virtual folders.  (It's created after all the others are
created by my-vm-visit-all-virtual-folders.)")

(setq vm-virtual-folder-alist
      ;; note the magic of creating the first element of the alist with
      ;; a symbol that needs to be eval'ed at assignment time
      (append (list (list (symbol-value 'my-vm-virtual-leftovers-folder)
                          (list (list "INBOX")
                                '(not (virtual-folder-member)))))
              '(
                ("automake"
                 (("INBOX")

                ;;
                ;; Other virtual folders go here
                ;;
               )))

This hack uses attribute "virtual-folder-member" which is missing in
VM 6.43. When I visit a virtual-folder, VM gives the following message..

Wrong type argument: listp, virtual-folder-member
Quit
Symbol's value as variable is void: virtual-folder-member

Can any one help me how to do this in VM 6.43?

Thanks,
mgupta

1. (setenv "LANGUAGE" "da_DK") + dired -> "No file on line"

I am using xemacs version 20.4; fra Feb 1998 (debian potato) , and I
had a problem. When I used auc-tex my viewer wrote

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "c",
        LC_ALL = "c",
        LANG = "c"

It seems that outside xemacs I had the right language settings
(da_DK), but inside xemacs something was wrong. Therefore I added the
following lines to my .emacs

(setenv "LANG" "da_DK")
(setenv "LANGUAGE" "da_DK")
(setenv "LC_ALL" "da_DK")

Sadly that gave me a new problem. When I used dired and tried to open
a file, xemacs wrote : "No file on line". I found a faq on the web

http://www.lerner.co.il/emacs/faq_6.html#SEC89

It says:

 Dired uses a regular expression to find the beginning of a file
 name. In a long Unix-style directory listing ("ls -l"), the file name
 starts after the date. The regexp has thus been written to look for
 the date, the format of which can vary on non-US systems.

 There are two approaches to solving this. The first one involves
 setting things up so that "ls -l" outputs US date format. This can be
 done by setting the locale. See your OS manual for more information.

 The second approach involves changing the regular expression used by
 dired, dired-move-to-filename-regexp.

Now I am somewhat baffled. I don't know how to do any of the two. If
someone has a quick solution please help me. (I use bash)

        Thanks in advance
        Niels

PS: I realise upgrading would probably be a quick solution, but I am
not the sysadm, and I don't have the skill to install a new xemacs
myself.

--
Niels L Ellegaard  http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/
SPECIAL OFFER! I proofread unsolicited commercial email sent to this

2. Cumulative Path for IE

3. problems with "point", "mark" and "region"

4. Tale Light && Palm III

5. file-error "Cannot open load file" "vm-version"

6. ANSI in WIN95..help

7. "from" and "to" in vm

8. Win95 Client32 does not see any OUs

9. Q: How to highlight the "++", "--", "==" ... for C or C++

10. "file mode spec error"+"emacs" & "emacs-20.6"

11. Virtual folder or vm-auto-folder-alist help

12. demacs "fill" breaks "za" sequence in word after "z"!

13. Minor Mode "auto-revert-mode" in XEmacs 20.4 ?