disabling warning message -> latex-preview

disabling warning message -> latex-preview

Post by calma » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 02:20:05

Hi,

When I want to see such a latex-preview pic, but when there is no
such pic, I get the following error-message in a new windows:

   (error/warning) Error in process sentinel: (error*found no
   preview images)

Well, I would prefer a little message in the minibuffer, or at
least I would like to disable this error beeing pop-up'ed.

Is there a way to disable this warning/errors pop-up while
splitting the window?

Thanks a lot

--
calmar (o_
       //\   <--- GNU/Linux is GREAT

disabling warning message -> latex-preview

Post by Stephen J. Turnbul » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:09:57

    calmar> (error/warning) Error in process sentinel: (error*found no
    calmar> preview images)

    calmar> Is there a way to disable this warning/errors pop-up while
    calmar> splitting the window?

No.  XEmacs supports structured errors, but preview-latex isn't using
them (the tag (error/warning) is completely generic).  So in order to
suppress this message, you'd have to suppress all warnings, which is
probably not what you want.

See C-h f display-warning RET and C-h v display-warning-minimum-level RET.

--
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences     http://www.veryComputer.com/
University of Tsukuba                    Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN

Post by David Kastru » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:17:14

>     calmar> (error/warning) Error in process sentinel: (error*found no
>     calmar> preview images)

>     calmar> Is there a way to disable this warning/errors pop-up while
>     calmar> splitting the window?

> No.  XEmacs supports structured errors, but preview-latex isn't using
> them (the tag (error/warning) is completely generic).  So in order to
> suppress this message, you'd have to suppress all warnings, which is
> probably not what you want.

> See C-h f display-warning RET and C-h v
> display-warning-minimum-level RET.

The question would probably rather be why XEmacs pops up a separate
window for this kind of message instead of using the status line for
it.

disabling warning message -> latex-preview

Post by calma » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:34:27

Quote:>     calmar> Is there a way to disable this warning/errors pop-up

> No.  XEmacs supports structured errors, but preview-latex isn't using
> them (the tag (error/warning) is completely generic).  So in order to
> suppress this message, you'd have to suppress all warnings, which is
> probably not what you want.

> See C-h f display-warning RET and C-h v display-warning-minimum-level RET.

      (setq display-warning-minimum-level 'error)

I'm quite happy with putting this into the LaTeX-mode-hook in
order to suppress it.
Works fine for me.

Thanks very much!

--
calmar (o_
       //\   <--- GNU/Linux is GREAT

disabling warning message -> latex-preview

Post by Stephen J. Turnbul » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:29:31

    David> The question would probably rather be why XEmacs pops up a
    David> separate window for this kind of message instead of using
    David> the status line for it.

Because a "warning" is assumed to be serious enough that users
normally want to notice it.  `message' is available if you want
something in the echo area, and `(display-warning CLASS 'info ...)' is
available if you want to make sure something is logged, and optionally
popped up if the user has expressed interest.

--
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences     http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
University of Tsukuba                    Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN

1. preview Greek text with preview-latex

Hello!

I just installed preview-latex, looked at the example document and
... lost my breath. This is marvelous. My English is not good enough
to express my admiration.

I always thought that preview-latex is mostly intended for
formulas. So, not being a mathematician, I thought it would be
overkill for my purposes.

But then I realized that I could preview my classical Greek texts with
it, too. To do this would be *really* useful for me. But on my first
tests I got a preview of a `greek'-enviroment only after I put it
inside a `table'-enviroment.

Now my question: How can I force preview-latex to generate a preview
of any enviroment that I want? In this case: everything inside a
\begin{greek} ... \end{greek} block.

I use two different packages for ancient Greek and switch between them
sometimes (on a per document basis, that is): lgreek and
ibycus4. Besides having a differnet syntax for the Greek thy provide a
different syntax for writing Greek words in a line with latin text.

lgreek: This is latin text and $>apor'ia$ is a Greek word.
ibycus4: This is latin text and \greek{a)pori'a} is a Greek word.

Of course I want a preview of those Greek words in line with latin,
too.

    'oliver

--
16 Germinal an 210 de la Rvolution
Libert, Egalit, Fraternit!

2. creating a template column dynamically

3. Shortcut keys>>>>>>>>>

4. 1 Sun ULTRA 1 170 167mhz $600.00

5. MIME tra-vm-mime.el >>>>>>>>

6. QuickSilver/Dbxl & Y2K Applications

7. Holistic Emacs/AUC TeX/preview-latex/LaTeX/amsmath tutorial?

8. Apple II Email (Client Software)

9. Latex, emacs, preview-latex, and VERY long proof trees...

10. WARNING WARNING: Message "Re: other new upper" VIRUS

11. dired & moving marked files >>>>>

12. preview-latex .7.8-1 setup error

13. preview-latex 0.7.8 is released.