paste into OW3 still doesn't work in 19.12

paste into OW3 still doesn't work in 19.12

Post by Joerg-Cyril Hoeh » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

We're using OW3 (with tons of patches) on SunOS4.1.x (mine is
4.1.3_U1) machines. I'm using the prebuilt binaries and set XKEYSYMDB
to were an X11R5 XKeySymDB files lies to avoid tons of warnings.

I can copy/paste from a Cmdtool into Emacs, but not the other way
round (this worked with lemacs-19.8 and lemacs-19.10, but not with
xemacs-19.11 or xemacs-19.12). The Cmdtool notices that something
happens, as it clears any previous selection when I hit the Copy key
or when I choose the Copy menu in Emacs, but it seems unable to
retrieve the new selection, resulting in nothing being pasted.

BTW, how do I make the default toolbar disappear? I didn't understand
all the features of set-specifier and solely found: (set-specifier
modeline-shadow-thickness '0)

What's changed? Why doesn't it work?
        Joerg Hoehle.

paste into OW3 still doesn't work in 19.12

Post by Andrew J Piper (Parall » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I can copy/paste from a Cmdtool into Emacs, but not the other way
> round (this worked with lemacs-19.8 and lemacs-19.10, but not with
> xemacs-19.11 or xemacs-19.12). The Cmdtool notices that something
> happens, as it clears any previous selection when I hit the Copy key
> or when I choose the Copy menu in Emacs, but it seems unable to
> retrieve the new selection, resulting in nothing being pasted.

I pursued this while 19.12 was in beta - but it only appears to break
for OW3+sunos4.1.3 so I guess thats why Chuck didn't fix it. There is
of course the 'start xclipboard' work around if you are really stuck.

andy
--
   ___   _ _                     _

 / ___/ / /\ \/ / /           / _                       (require 'disclaimer)
/_/\_/_/_/ /_/\_\/           /_  \_  "Mail - you shoot yourself in the head."
\_\/ \_\_\/\_\/\_\           \_\/ \_\/

Post by Ben Wi » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

|Hi,
|
|We're using OW3 (with tons of patches) on SunOS4.1.x (mine is
|4.1.3_U1) machines. I'm using the prebuilt binaries and set XKEYSYMDB
|to were an X11R5 XKeySymDB files lies to avoid tons of warnings.
|
|I can copy/paste from a Cmdtool into Emacs, but not the other way
|round (this worked with lemacs-19.8 and lemacs-19.10, but not with
|xemacs-19.11 or xemacs-19.12). The Cmdtool notices that something
|happens, as it clears any previous selection when I hit the Copy key
|or when I choose the Copy menu in Emacs, but it seems unable to
|retrieve the new selection, resulting in nothing being pasted.
|
|BTW, how do I make the default toolbar disappear? I didn't understand
|all the features of set-specifier and solely found: (set-specifier
|modeline-shadow-thickness '0)

(set-specifier top-toolbar-height 0)

ben
--
"... then the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was
more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -- Anais Nin

1. primary-selection face doesn't seem to work in 19.12

I am running xemacs-19.12 on Sun using Solaris 2.3

I set my primary-selection face in my .Xdefaults file as follows
  Emacs*primary-selection.attributeBackground: khaki3
  Emacs*primary-selection.attributeForeground: sienna4

However, when I select something ( mouse drag or set mark and move)
xemacs uses the default primary-selection background (Some sort of grey)
and my default-face foreground.

To compilcate things further.  When I go into edit-faces from the Options
pulldown, the primary-selection face is displayed correctly (With the
foreground and background from my .Xdefaults)

Yes, I did try taking them out of my .Xdefaults and puting
(set-face-foreground ...) calls into my .emacs and that didn't
change anything.  I also tried (With not luck) changing them "Interactively"
using M-x set-face-foreground.

When I get into xemacs I get the following in a *Warning* buffer.

However, I tried replacing the * with a . and that didn't work.  Plus,
I get similar messages for other faces I am setting in My .Xdefaults and
those seem to be set correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

+-------------------------------+
|  Steve Kuzmeski               |
|  RBD Systems Development      |
|  Pratt & Whitney              |
|  (203)565-6697                |

+-------------------------------+

--

+----------------------------+
|  Steve Kuzmeski            |

2. Any GeoAddress users out there?

3. pretty print doesn't work under XEmacs 19.12

4. Epson dust under glass

5. copy and paste from xemacs to an NT windows app doesn't work via Exceed

6. Can't get PDC to join domain

7. vip-mode under GNU Emacs 19.28: paste doesn't work

8. RBF question

9. XEmacs 19.12: unpredictably, byte-compile-file silently doesn't

10. frame-width doesn't equal window-width (19.13 and 19.12)

11. changing 'lpr-command' to a2ps doesn't work

12. C-x C-c doesn't work with 'xemacs -nw -q'

13. 'Shell' doesn't work on 18.52 under SunOS 3.2