region active?

Post by Klaus Bernd » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

In GNU Emacs there is the variable mark-active to test if currently a region
is defined. Exists this variable in XEmacs too or what is the way in XEmacs to
test if a region is defined?

MTIA,
Klaus

--

sd&m AG                             http://www.sdm.de
software design & management

region active?

Post by Dave Pears » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> In GNU Emacs there is the variable mark-active to test if currently a
> region is defined. Exists this variable in XEmacs too or what is the way
> in XEmacs to test if a region is defined?

I believe that the function `region-exists-p' is what you want here. I ran
into this with sawfish.el:

,----
`----

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: | boxquote.el - "Boxed" text quoting.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |  sawfish.el - Sawfish mode.

region active?

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

The key word to search for in the documentation is `zmacs'.  The
feature is called `zmacs regions' in XEmacs.
kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

1. zmacs region / active non-highlighted regions

Can I have zmacs-regions and also being able to operate on the
non-highlighted regions?  emacs has `mark-even-if-inactive' for
this, and I really like it.

    mark-even-if-inactive's value is t
    Documentation:
    *Non-nil means you can use the mark even when inactive.  This
    option makes a difference in Transient Mark mode.  When the option
    is non-nil, deactivation of the mark turns off region
    highlighting, but commands that use the mark behave as if the mark
    were still active.

xemacs 21.4.7, just compiled ;-)

R'

2. second derivative

3. Q:How to find out if region active

4. Thanks for your valuable help.

5. changing TAB to indent-region when region is active

6. Glossary of Real-Time Systems terms

7. question about keymap when the region is active

8. line numbers (how to display)

9. the region is not active?

10. Find out whether the mark (region?) is active?

11. "region is not active now" message

12. Why C-g beeps when region is active when M-x keyboard-quit doesn't?

13. Why does C-g beep when region is active?