Tabed buffers in Emacs 21?

Post by Jér?me Mara » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:17:09

Hi,

I recently tried w3m.el which is a nice piece of software
and much better than w3, methink.

I noticed that it is able to display several web pages in
tabs, just like Galeon.
I'm quite surprised of this because I didn't know that
Emacs 21 provided such tabs (XEmacs has such a feature).
Are tabs really supported by Emacs or is this performed
via some tricks?

TIA.

--
J.M.

Tabed buffers in Emacs 21?

Post by Henrik Enber » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:55:42

> I noticed that it is able to display several web pages in
> tabs, just like Galeon.
> I'm quite surprised of this because I didn't know that
> Emacs 21 provided such tabs (XEmacs has such a feature).
> Are tabs really supported by Emacs or is this performed
> via some tricks?

It's a trick.  You can get it in other buffers via tabbar.el written by
David Ponce.  gnu.emacs.sources should have it.

Tabed buffers in Emacs 21?

Post by Jér?me Mara » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:20:47

> > I noticed that it is able to display several web pages in
> > tabs, just like Galeon.
> > I'm quite surprised of this because I didn't know that
> > Emacs 21 provided such tabs (XEmacs has such a feature).
> > Are tabs really supported by Emacs or is this performed
> > via some tricks?

> It's a trick.  You can get it in other buffers via tabbar.el written by
> David Ponce.  gnu.emacs.sources should have it.

Thanks.