Problem with ediff: can't find diff

Post by David Zaji » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 02:59:04

Running XEmacs 21.4 in Windows 2000, when use the command ediff I get an
error message:
"Search for program: No such file or directory, diff"
What do I need to do to get xemacs to find diff, which is present in
cygwin.

        Thanks,
        David Zajic

Problem with ediff: can't find diff

Post by Adrian Aichne » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 05:21:05

Hello David,

please use
Help->Send Bug Report...
or
M-x report-emacs-bug
as suggested in
http://www.xemacs.org/Debug/index.html

This will tell us enough about your XEmacs installation so that we
should be able to help you.

What is the value of
exec-path
?

Adrian

    David> Running XEmacs 21.4 in Windows 2000, when use the command ediff I get an
    David> error message:
    David> "Search for program: No such file or directory, diff"
    David> What do I need to do to get xemacs to find diff, which is present in
    David> cygwin.

    David>   Thanks,
    David>   David Zajic

--
Adrian Aichner

 http://www.xemacs.org/

Post by Arnulf G?tzne » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 06:34:45

> Hello David,

> please use
> Help->Send Bug Report...
> or
> M-x report-emacs-bug
> as suggested in
> http://www.xemacs.org/Debug/index.html

> This will tell us enough about your XEmacs installation so that we
> should be able to help you.

> What is the value of
> exec-path
> ?

> Adrian

>     David> Running XEmacs 21.4 in Windows 2000, when use the command ediff I get an
>     David> error message:
>     David> "Search for program: No such file or directory, diff"
>     David> What do I need to do to get xemacs to find diff, which is present in
>     David> cygwin.

>     David>      Thanks,
>     David>      David Zajic

> --
> Adrian Aichner

>  http://www.xemacs.org/

1. ediff: ediff-exec-process: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *ediff-custom-diff*>

Hi,

I use M-x ediff-buffers quite often. When I do changes in one of the
buffers by pressing `a' or `b', I can save the changed buffer
afterwards by pressing `w a' or `w b', respectively.

My problem is that saving the changed buffer works only the /first/
time in each ediff-session. If I press `w a' (or `w b') again to save
further changes, I get

,----
| Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *ediff-custom-diff*>
`----

in the minibuffer, and the buffer is not saved. Further `w a' (or `w
b') lead to the same result. In the buffer list, I can't see a buffer
with the name *ediff-custom-diff*.

I am using NTEmacs 21.3 (precompiled binary from a GNU mirror)
together width diff from cygwin. I already had this problem in
previous versions (20.something) of Emacs.

Is there somebody with the same problem? Is this only a problem on
Windows?

Regards,
--
Christian Schlauer

2. Forsale - NDO 3 w/webSuite + 3.2a upgrade

3. ediff fine diff problem

4. HELP -- Printing problem in Acrobat Reader

5. ediff broken: ''End of stream: "internal input stream"''

6. ANNOUNCE: DJGPP packages of automake 1.7.2

7. Mercy requested on 'diff' for Win32 & '}' coloring.

8. Doc on POP3 'XTND XMIT' command?

9. Ediff help problem (panel won't go away)

10. VC: using ediff instead of diff?

11. Cannot run diff/ediff using Xemacs on PC

12. ediff/diff

13. dired-diff and ediff