eshell/rm bug?

Post by Alex Schroede » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Is anybody using eshell/rm to kill buffers?  I can't get it to work:

c:/Internet/tmp $ rm #<buffer *scratch*>
Removing old name: invalid argument, c:/Internet/tmp/#<buffer *scratch*>

It seems that within eshell/rm, entry is never bufferp.

Alex.
--
http://hammer.prohosting.com/~gumbart/emacs.html

1. eshell: eshell-command-result and environment

Hi,

It would be useful if 'eshell-command-result' inherited the set of
environment variables from the invoking shell, since this would make
it more convenient to write eshell functions.

Consider the following example: a function that invokes snmpget on a
remote machine, whose hostname is passed as an argument. The snmpget
command uses an environment variable MIBS; even if this is set (using
"export MIBS=/path/to/the/mib") in the eshell session, it isn't
propagated to the snmp-uptime command.

Is there is a better way to run external commands?  The following
example is simplified; I really want to do a regexp search on the
results of snmpget.

(defun eshell/snmp-uptime (&rest args)
  (eshell-command-result
   (format "snmpget %s public cpuUpTime.0" (first args))))

[I know about the -m option to snmpget]

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>

2. CUBITAL service bureau in Northern Calif.

3. Eshell-buffer-shorthand and Eshell completions

4. Test king or Self test software...anyone used either of these?

5. eshell: bug in Makefile?

6. Tierra & Amiga - After a DICE3.0 makefile

7. How to get chmod, rm, and mv to work on MS-DOS?

8. Detecting Bad Memory Chips of the PC

9. MicroEmacs BUG BUG BUG!!!

10. eshell ls directory completion adds separator

11. eshell display

12. eshell and desktop.el conflict

13. eshell, term and ncurses