want 'paren to light up whole expression

want 'paren to light up whole expression

Post by Rolf Meinec » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I load the paren-lib in my .emacs an would like to have lit up the whole
expression and not only the parenthesis.

I have set
(setq paren-sexp-mode t)
but it makes no difference.

by the way, what does (setq sun-esc-bracket t) do?
M-x describe-variable says there is no description available.

thanx,

        Rolf

want 'paren to light up whole expression

Post by Kai Grossjohan » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>>>> Rolf Meinecke writes:

  Rolf> I load the paren-lib in my .emacs an would like to have lit up
  Rolf> the whole expression and not only the parenthesis.

Get stig-paren which does just that.

kai
--
What's a signature?

1. (paren-set-mode 'paren)

Hi,

my .emacs contains

  (require 'paren)
  (paren-set-mode 'paren)

and all the corresponding variables are still set to their correct values when
a c-mode buffer comes up. There are no other settings elsewhere in .emacs.  But
parenthesis are not highlighted until I do another explicit (paren-set-mode
'paren) for this buffer. Shouldn't this setting be global?

    /-/ansi

--

Hans-Juergen Richstein
Scientific Center Heidelberg, IBM Germany

Voice:            +49-6221-59-4397             FAX:+49-6221-59-3500

2. Aztec C: How to detach()?

3. more than one expression in 'then' part of 'if'

4. makeboot.exe for win2k pro

5. How to build a 'Light' emacs

6. Centipede and binaries whine

7. How to make various modes 'take up the whole window'?

8. How do I find CD drive letter?

9. Changing the face (color) of 'Paren Highlighting'

10. wanted:Windows paren-balancing editor...

11. infix expression -> prefix expression ?

12. paren.el enhancement: paren-backwards-message

13. Can't select Paren Highlighting option