Gnus and local mail question

Post by Chris Hirs » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I know this is answered somewhere but I'm hoping that somebody with a
similar setup can give it to me exactly.

I'm finally getting familiar enough with Gnus to try doing my email from
it too. I'm currently using pine <insert your comment here> and my mail
folder is is in my home directory as ~/mail/inbox. What do I need to add
to my .gnus file so that I can (at least for now)  read and
write my inbox via Gnus and pine until I'm more familiar with Gnus so I
can finally use that instead of pine?

Thanks for your help!
Chris

--
Chris Hirsch                        http://www.SymSystems.com/staff/chris

You might be a redneck if... Anyone in your family ever died right after
saying, "Hey, y'all  watch this! "
                                                     _. _____ __.. .__ ..

1. GNU Emacs 2 and Gnus: My local nnml-spools are base64

After switching from XEmacs 21 to GNU Emacs 21 I found out that my
locally saved mails and new articles are encoded base64. Is there a
good reason for this and am I able to change the behavior? It's quite
difficult to grep anything that's in base64.

Suonp??...

2. w/@[{IP address}]:{username} address get: "loops back to me (MX problem?)"

3. 2 questions - reading mail with gnus

4. PLEASE HELP !!! How to retrieve a Job Number in a C program?

5. Yet another mail/gnus question(s).

6. Hi-VAL/NEC 4x4 CD-ROM Jumper Settings?

7. mail with gnus : Two questions

8. S5 Sheet Sort

9. read mail with gnus, a question

10. VM - how to get mail from local spool?

11. buffer-locals, local bindings, faces

12. local abbrev in mail mode