Help needed: Can't get blinking paren-highlighting

Help needed: Can't get blinking paren-highlighting

Post by fhoman » Tue, 10 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

when activating blinking paren-highlighting I get the following error
message and cannot get blinking parenthesis:

(1) (error/warning) Error in `post-command-hook' (setting hook to nil):
(error timeout is non-positive 0.0)

The debug on error option gives an additional:

Signaling: (error "timeout is non-positive" 0.0)
  add-timeout(0.0 paren-blink-timeout nil 0.0)
  paren-highlight()

Strangely, this only happens when logged in as a normal user, not as
root!?

I'm using a Suse 6.1 Linux which comes with XEmacs 20.4.  I've not
edited the ~/.emacs file.The problem even
occurs with no ~/.emacs file or after creating a new user with a fresh
home directory. Is it a new kind of "root
privilege"?  ;-)

Since I have no idea where I can set the paren-blink-timeout (or
whatever I have to do), and don't know much (i.e. nothing) about ELISP,
any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Felix

Help needed: Can't get blinking paren-highlighting

Post by Francois-Xavier KOWALSK » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

[...]

  Felix> Since I have no idea where I can set the paren-blink-timeout
  Felix> (or whatever I have to do), and don't know much
  Felix> (i.e. nothing) about ELISP, any help would be highly
  Felix> appreciated.

(blink-cursor-mode 0.5)                           ;blinking cursor

C-h a blink [RET]

for more details.
--
  __________
 //_  o  \\/ Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI

1. Changing the face (color) of 'Paren Highlighting'

I want to change the face of 'Paren Highlighting' but I don't find the
entry in the 'Customize Faces' buffer to do this. I have searched
thoroughly but I cannot find it. Can anyone, please, tell me where is
that entry ?

By the way, I tried 'Paren Face Match', 'Paren Face Mismatch', 'Paren
Face No Match', but without luck.

Thanks in advance.

--
J. Carlos

2. AUI, BNC, TP: Which is best?

3. help needed: Change '/' to '\' in a string

4. Extension .DMS ?

5. Can't select Paren Highlighting option

6. Can Hyperacces/5 work with ACDI redirection?

7. (paren-set-mode 'paren)

8. Looking for PWQWK - QWK reader for OS/2

9. blinking paren question

10. blink-matching-paren-dont-ignore-comments ignored in fortran mode?

11. GTK buffer tab & blink paren

12. c-mode blink-paren matching

13. xemacs 19.15: blink-paren