browse-url mode problem

Post by Phil » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I installed html helper mode and it works fine.  I wanted to integrate
browse-url mode into the mix and failed miserably.  I get the error
browse-url-filename-alist not defined.  I'm very new to elist but trying to
learn on this project.  Any suggestions?
--

# Phil Voris

browse-url mode problem

Post by Dave Lov » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

 Phil> I get the error browse-url-filename-alist not defined.

Perhaps you need a more recent version of browse-url, such as the one
from Emacs 20.2.  I'm not sure when that variable was introduced.  Or
perhaps you need to make sure browse-url is loaded first.