Can I run a graphics program in an Emacs shell?

Can I run a graphics program in an Emacs shell?

Post by Jeffrey J. Hallm » Fri, 02 Mar 1990 15:47:00

        Undoubtedly this question has been booted around before, so
please reply by email and I'll summarize to the net if anyone wants me to.

        We have a program (Splus) with a Tektronix 4014 device driver
that works with our HDS graphics terminals when not running under
Emacs.  When the same program is run in an Emacs shell buffer, the
graphics commands don't work.  Instead, the graphics control
characters sent by the program are displayed in the shell buffer,
which apparently is translating them to human-readable form (e.g. ^M)
rather than sending them to the terminal to kick it into graphics mode.

        Is there a filter somewhere that will fix this?  Is it
impossible?  Aside from buying workstations or X terminals for
everyone (not in my power :<( ) what can I do?

Jeff Hallman,  Stop 71              uunet!fed!m1jjh00     USENET

1. Running .exe programs in Emacs shell in Win NT

Does anyone know how to run a program in a shell
within Emacs on Windows NT?  I have been using
Unix for quite some time, but recently purchased
an NT machine, and I haven't been able to figure
out a solution.  I've tried both GnuEmacs and
Epsilon.  It used to work under Windows 3.1...

Thanks.

2. ERROR CANNOT DETECT OS ----??????

3. Trouble running shell programs within emacs..

4. games, books, java and ai...

5. Problem running interactive programs in shell mode

6. Bluetooth and iPAQ3870

7. Running full screen program like vi from xemacs shell window

8. Performance increase from 10mps -> 100mps

9. Unable to run shell-type programs?

10. GNU Emacs Up and Running on Silicon Graphics 3130

11. unix shell account and graphic web access?

12. running shell script when shell started

13. running emacs programs